Kennel ideas

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few pics of mine. Drainage at the front of the runs and sleep box at the back. Rubber floor with a few blankets and what not and heat lamp for good measure when it drops to a few degrees

One thing I really recommend to anyone is a roof over the runs. Amazing the difference it’s makes. Not hard do either. I roofed this myself over the summer on my own and sheeted few weeks after when I

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

What the Dickens are u on about king have you bin at the venos expectorant 

a tesco own brand black currant lemsip brother b...

i was refering to your post which you slammed into the forum like a sledge hammer.with the pin point accuracy of a weihrauch 80k spitting a 1:77 traditional style bulldog pellet brother b ...

i allways knew you was a cool cat.and you have confirmed that.....

• Like 1
5 hours ago, king said:

a tesco own brand black currant lemsip brother b...

i was refering to your post which you slammed into the forum like a sledge hammer.with the pin point accuracy of a weihrauch 80k spitting a 1:77 traditional style bulldog pellet brother b ...

i allways knew you was a cool cat.and you have confirmed that.....

Ah 177 for fur .22 for feather so I'm told anyroad

I can't hit a barn door wi a stick regardless 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, jigsaw said:

i had barrells for years ,during the winter of 2009,minus 12 ,i filled the barrells with straw and the dogs were roasting in them ,the only draw back was cleaning them ,i had to crawl in at times to get the things swept clean,but their as warm as hell,i paid 60 quid for each of mine ,but compared to a conventional dog box their half the price of a well made ply box

I'm wondering about getting a big one, cutting it in half and giving it a ply base and then cutting a pop hole through it. The ply base could be hinged to allow for easy opening and obviously the roof would be flat for the dog to lay on in warmer weather (top or bottom of the actual barrel).

Be ideal for the spaniels and terriers I'm keeping at the mo maybe :hmm:perhaps need whole barrel though for lab and lurcher sized dogs....

On 21/01/2020 at 21:46, keepdiggin said:

Anyone still use a chain and barrel like the bulldog yards in the US

Ive kept dogs on a kennel and chain in the past.I even had a bull cross bitch that preferred being on a chain setup to being in one of my 3mx2m runs.Never liked plastic barrels though.Tried them for a short time and didnt matter what I did with them they'd be soaked with condensation inside.Have used oak barrels though many years ago.

• Like 3

I've got 2 terriers in a big plastic barrel at the minute , never noticed any condensation or damp bedding... Used the small 40 litre ones for a  single terrier and not had a problem either... Always drill a few holes in them and put a marine ply board on the bottom on some batten runners, bedding material on top ?

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I’m very surprised nobody has had a bash at making them sleep boxed like monarch an them sell, surely there’s somebody who can work with that placcy stuff? 

Theres a good bit of work that goes into them there 22mm thema board plus the fabrication of the metal that joins it all together theres a bot of work in them 

50 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I meant the wee sleep boxes more than the big walk in kennels but I do appreciate how much work goes Into both l, Iv saw a few of them now an that’s why I’ll get kne when pup goes outside, they deffo the best about?

any links to them..be nice to have a look at them see what there all about..