Kennel ideas

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few pics of mine. Drainage at the front of the runs and sleep box at the back. Rubber floor with a few blankets and what not and heat lamp for good measure when it drops to a few degrees

One thing I really recommend to anyone is a roof over the runs. Amazing the difference it’s makes. Not hard do either. I roofed this myself over the summer on my own and sheeted few weeks after when I

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, sionnach99 said:

One thing I really recommend to anyone is a roof over the runs. Amazing the difference it’s makes. Not hard do either. I roofed this myself over the summer on my own and sheeted few weeks after when I gathered the money. Hardest part about it was not getting blown away carrying the sheets and lifting them up on my own lol. Still need to get facets and down pipes put up.  

F281781D-DB74-44CD-A40A-1FC847085AE6.jpeg

In my old house my set up was similar and I had a shed on the end. I put the tumble drier in there and piped the vent across the top inside of the kennels and put outlets on in every run . Anything helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DSC_1622.JPG.d0108974680c7263cea266d192c9c2bf.JPG

Got a block of 4 made up for when I kept the terriers, fronts, sides,  barrels for sleeping in with little ply sheets to sit out in the sun on.. metal roof sheets, and food bowls and holders was around £800 from memory... Taken down the  divider panels now got a bigger run,dogs only in it to sleep and other sides my ferret court now ?if they exercised every day they won't chew shit up lol.... Well maybe not all dogs?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jake824 said:

In my old house my set up was similar and I had a shed on the end. I put the tumble drier in there and piped the vent across the top inside of the kennels and put outlets on in every run . Anything helps

That’s a good idea. Something to look into next winter. 

32 minutes ago, Westyorkshire_lad said:

I like that type of set up hope fully will make something like that in future myself separate area for storage of food etc I would put some kitchen units in maybe a couch and tele get away from the mrs lol

have it kitted out in my old kittchen and shelving for tools etc.

• Like 1

My kennel is a small humble set up I didn’t have a lot of disposable cash I bought the galvanise kennel for £150 about 12yrs ago  it’s wasn’t all that old I had it off a family member that cut down on dogs. the slabs were 50p and £1 each they were off a fb sale group the shed was cheap can’t remember where that came from but know I didn’t pay a lot for it it was like new It’s kingspanded insulated that was free of a site agent I know that looked after me because I look after him all the drainage an fittings were free of my mate who’s a groundworker who’s also in the dog game that we sort each other out if we ever need any thing to do with dogs the run is now twice the size of this picture I recently bought some new panels it will be getting split in two eventually so I can have 2 kennels the base was slabbed bigger over the summer I had planned in advance as I knew I’d be getting another dog an wanted them separated there will be a new shed coming I’m just saving the pennies up an gather more materials 

1AD77BBE-BE61-4D9B-A988-D6B8C2F03071.jpeg

• Like 9