Kennel ideas

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few pics of mine. Drainage at the front of the runs and sleep box at the back. Rubber floor with a few blankets and what not and heat lamp for good measure when it drops to a few degrees

One thing I really recommend to anyone is a roof over the runs. Amazing the difference it’s makes. Not hard do either. I roofed this myself over the summer on my own and sheeted few weeks after when I

Posted Images

I built mine block and galvanised fronts and intermediates. I’ve done me boxes out of ply but if I had to do it again I would do the sleeping ares like jakes above they seem faultless to me that type and so much easier to clean. I also like the idea of one them monarch sleeping boxes but they where expensive when I checked I think it was £400 each 

They re really easy to keep on top of . I fix the hose to one of the jet wash type soft brushes to clean the plastic once a week and just use a squeegee on the floors. They re indoor anyway but if it does drop really cold they have heat lamps above the beds

19 minutes ago, Igz said:

A few pics of mine. Drainage at the front of the runs and sleep box at the back. Rubber floor with a few blankets and what not and heat lamp for good measure when it drops to a few degrees

8169945C-63DC-45AB-ABE2-49DEC86EB83C.jpeg

776AEAAE-2D81-4D28-A91C-038CF662F934.jpeg

87ECB569-E7FC-4C15-88F2-2297B776355F.jpeg

B8463237-125E-43BC-987C-0C5E3653CE96.jpeg

That’s what I was looking at something like that , I’ve got the bricks and blocks already and the railings do you need planning or not for a brick kennel atb gaz will be for 2 lurchers and a Terrier 

• Like 1

Both mine are kennelled together but that’s as I left young dog in there from pup and still plenty of room but I’ll separate them this summer as he’s a bit older and settled. You don’t need planning mate there’s just a few rules you have to stick to. Think no higher than 3 metres off the ground although mine finished just a touch over about 3.2 and something to do with the boundries. If you look it up on google it will tell you all you need to know. Anything else I can help with just give me a shout. Atb Igz

nice set up igz,  as long as beds off the floor, and in poss wooden  bed , and heat lamps , brick / b/b fine. wood kennel ok as long as your dog dont chew , my big dog a prat for chewing, dont matter , if he gets lot of exercise, beef bones, etc, the fooker will still chew, ive got  a long wood shed, that was converted to  2 kennels, had cover most wood with wire mesh , to stop him  he still have chomp now at 7 year old:wallbash:

• Thanks 1