Breeding

Proper over the moon with these bitch ferrets i been using these season. Good strong killers. To keep the size in the bitch ferrets does the hob make a difference ? I have one old thing but one the bitch ferrets i keep is longer than him. Shall i use him or look elsewhere ?

Some hob ferrets are just bolting ferrets if you want to keep the young the same as your bitchesI'd use a hob that works the same and can kill a rabbit I keep big hobs for work but probably the best worker ive got is average size quite chunky but they bolt or die depends how your hob works if you get what you are looking for 

9 hours ago, C.green said:

Proper over the moon with these bitch ferrets i been using these season. Good strong killers. To keep the size in the bitch ferrets does the hob make a difference ? I have one old thing but one the bitch ferrets i keep is longer than him. Shall i use him or look elsewhere ?

If he works the way you like then use him.

in general yes......

so if you want to keep ferrets on the larger side then yes use a bigger hob......however like I say above that's genrelising .....if your smaller hob is a good worker and has what you want then use him.....and try and keep the larger ones from the litter....

got two cracking hobs here you could use....but I'm a bit of a treck from you.....

Tbh the hob aint even close to these couple bitch ferrets workwise and never will be they just different animals. Ill try him the bitches are from same line and work the same if they dont work out how i want ill try to use a related dog ferret next year its no problem its the size in the females i wanna keep its one of the reasons there as good as they are.

I've always favoured the poleys to be fair, alot quicker than the whites imo, landed on a real good strain of bew ferrets, off a lad on here, I mixed them in with my poleys..... They clear a warren in no time... But I have noticed that they start to kill in after 2/3 seasons if rabbits are stubborn

Ill tell ya what i like about these dc is they seem to bully those stubborn rabbits. You hear plenty of bumping and squeling with these ones i have but i cant say ive dug loads of deaduns with em. Ive waited 45 mins for a bolt before now they just seem to stick it on those stubborn rabbits.

• Like 1