Farm yard bouncer ??

On 20/01/2020 at 02:47, jetro said:

haha,  nice staff, nice to see them that look agile/ healthily , i like them with bit of leg to them , our we had in the 60s were tall 17-20 n  50 odd lb , more like some of the apbt you see today .:thumbs:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, bird said:

haha,  nice staff, nice to see them that look agile/ healthily , i like them with bit of leg to them , our we had in the 60s were tall 17-20 n  50 odd lb , more like some of the apbt you see today 

Hard to find leggy staffs these days. Show and kc  confirmation has them ruined. And the craze of blue staffs.

Did you see many tri coloured ones back then Ray. 

Atb j

21 hours ago, jetro said:

Hard to find leggy staffs these days. Show and kc  confirmation has them ruined. And the craze of blue staffs.

Did you see many tri coloured ones back then Ray. 

Atb j

funny thing no, most i seen were , buck skin fawn, black, dark brindle . our 1st staff, we had was light fawn, we put her to big 19in brindle male , but no pups.  This was my last bulldog   20in 58 lb bitch , good temp  with people/ dogs .

P1010022.JPG

P1010023.JPG

• Like 3

Looks like a well solid bitch Ray, well put together. 

It's a shame to see the state of some of the staffs these day. 

The reason I asked about the tri colour was, the way the blue craz has taken off, but never seen a tri coloured one 

Atb j 

On 24/01/2020 at 10:41, jetro said:

Nice looking dog 

Atb j 

Thanks mate! My youngest son volunteers at the local dog rescue and he really bonded with him while he was there. The dog had been found chained to a post in the middle of the Mojave desert and left for dead. The team found after several reports from motorists driving through Arizona. He spent 7 months at the shelter and was deemed unadoptable because he's a pitbull, no history surrounding his upbringing other than he was abandoned, and a big dog too! 3 adoptions fell through and he seemed destined to spend the rest of his life in the no kill shelter. My Mrs was concerned he'd be trouble because of all the f*ck*ng myths surrounding pits but he slotted straight in with my other dogs and has been a model citizen ever since. My only grumble is the piles of shite he leaves in the yard! :laugh:

Edited by ChrisJones
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Thanks mate! My youngest son volunteers at the local dog rescue and he really bonded with him while he was there. The dog had been found chained to a post in the middle of the Mojave desert and left for dead. The team found after several reports from motorists driving through Arizona. He spent 7 months at the shelter and was deemed unadoptable because he's a pitbull, no history surrounding his upbringing other than he was abandoned, and a big dog too! 3 adoptions fell through and he seemed destined to spend the rest of his life in the no kill shelter. My Mrs was concerned he'd be trouble because of all the f*ck*ng myths surrounding pits but he slotted straight in with my other dogs and has been a model citizen ever since. My only grumble is the piles of shite he leaves in the yard! :laugh:

01212019Mav.jpg.af3b9f6dc6b4193cdcd43352fb56ed75.jpg

Yeah pitbull have a bad rap. But on the whole they are great dogs, if treated probably, and respected for what they are and  were bred for.  If people  kept these thing in mind, and try not to get themselves into situations where things go wrong, there wouldn't be as much bad press about them imo.

My favourite breed of dog if I'm honest.

Fair play to you and your family for giving him a second chance at life. 

Not many would, especially a dog of that age.

Some cruel ***** should be hog tied and dropped out where he was found and left there. 

Smashing head on him LOL 

Atb j 

• Thanks 1

True that! We're lucky though we live in the middle of nowhere and my yard has around a quarter of an acre that's fenced off so he's got plenty of wander room. We've always walked him around first and last light when there's practically zero chance of running into other dog walkers and providing we don't put up any mule deer in the forest he's a pleasure to handle.

As a younger man I'd have liked to see what he could do on those muleys and whitetails but we don't do those things here! :laugh:

Buckethead is here to stay and he'll live out the rest of his natural life with my collection of rescued cattle dogs and mutts. Just hope no one tries to break in one night. We don't call 911 here! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1