Jump to content

Fox numbers ireland ?


Recommended Posts

Just now, Black neck said:

Surely you get seriously fecked caught at that lark or ain't the botherd over there

Not bothered, never heard of anyone getting into trouble for it. Most nights you can see them driving around with the lamps on with the callers out the window.  That's no exaggeration. 

If the see a fox in your front lawn it's fair game.

Atb j 

Link to post

  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If only we could have shown people what they were encouraging when they wanted hunting banned- aif foxes could vote they would choose to keep hunting!!

Already have your picture Dougal.  

Was out walking local on Saturday afternoon and could hear a load of magpies making a racket..... Sat in the hedge and watched a big dog 🦊 eating someone's light Sussex hen😁, around 3:45 pm,lurcher wi

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, jetro said:

The people I know of don't have permission. They shoot from the road out of their, cars, vans jeeps. They travel for miles every night.

Atb j 

This always makes me wonder - what is the point?

Shooting foxes with thermal and nv is easy, no real sport, and if it’s poaching it’s Not pest control ....

so what’s the compulsion? Genuinely think it’s really weird 

  • Like 6
Link to post
1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

This always makes me wonder - what is the point?

Shooting foxes with thermal and nv is easy, no real sport, and if it’s poaching it’s Not pest control ....

so what’s the compulsion? Genuinely think it’s really weird 

Just to show off and have bragging rights. How powerful their new rifle is. And the amount the spent on gear. It's not just foxes, it's rabbits, hares, deer. They just leave them there in the ground. Personally I was never into the lamping lark, didn't think it was sporting, but that's just me, and I'm not knocking anyone who does lamp.

Atb j 

Link to post
12 minutes ago, jetro said:

Not bothered, never heard of anyone getting into trouble for it. Most nights you can see them driving around with the lamps on with the callers out the window.  That's no exaggeration. 

If the see a fox in your front lawn it's fair game.

Atb j 

Ffs I dont know if it's like that here the 1 or 2 lads I know that shoot rifles ar strict as feck only go on land that's on there paper work wi full perm back stop got be right no footpath near no stock within a certain distance and the stick 2 it religiously 

Sounds like the fecking wild west where you are

  • Like 1
Link to post
2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Ffs I dont know if it's like that here the 1 or 2 lads I know that shoot rifles ar strict as feck only go on land that's on there paper work wi full perm back stop got be right no footpath near no stock within a certain distance and the stick 2 it religiously 

Sounds like the fecking wild west where you are

The way it is here. You drive along the road, spot something, and shoot. That's it in a nut shell. Never seen paper work for permission.  It happens all over the place here.

And, yes where i live is fairly wild LOL. 

Atb j 

Link to post
Just now, jetro said:

The way it is here. You drive along the road, spot something, and shoot. That's it in a nut shell. Never seen paper work for permission.  It happens all over the place here.

And, yes where i live is fairly wild LOL. 

Atb j 

Does much happen is thou get copped out wi a dog on ground not permitted 2 you

Link to post

Was chatting to a lad I meet out over the Christmas in the supermarket.  I ask how he was going to be spending the Christmas.  He told me that he just bought a N.V. setup, worth something like 1500euro and he planned to spent the whole Christmas lamping foxes. 

He even said he does come down by my house a lot of nights.

Sure how can anything stand up to that.

Atb j 

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Does much happen is thou get copped out wi a dog on ground not permitted 2 you

It's not a thing here where i am. Nobody bothers you, as long as your not messing about, which never happens really. They just let you crack on and for the most part wish you luck.

Running dogs is nearly non existent where i am. Haven't got the land for it, mostly tiny fields and mountain, 

All lamping is done with rifle or shotgun 

Atb j 

Link to post
1 minute ago, jetro said:

It's not a thing here where i am. Nobody bothers you, as long as your not messing about, which never happens really. They just let you crack on and for the most part wish you luck.

Running dogs is nearly non existent where i am. Haven't got the land for it, mostly tiny fields and mountain, 

All lamping is done with rifle or shotgun 

Atb j 

Ah yes just realized I'm on the terrier section again ok then what about digging things can u just go anywhere and not be bothered 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Ah yes just realized I'm on the terrier section again ok then what about digging things can u just go anywhere and not be bothered 

For the most part yes, I never had any bother, or know of anyone who did. Like every thing else, don't mess about and you will be fine.

I'm only talking about the part of Ireland where i live, I'm not talking for the whole country. 

Atb j 

Link to post

Going on what has been said on the past couple of days  on here. The amount of game on U.K. land compared to over here is unbelievably different. 

Don't know would that have any affect or why the laws are different, in regards to lamping. 

Atb j 

Link to post

Fields out the front of the house can see a fox regular from the living room window a few times a week in the daytime...

October 6 Fox's the lamp picked up In 1 field about 300yds from the house.

3 cubs and 3 adults...

 

Link to post
4 hours ago, mighty celt said:

was talking to an oldfella the other day they have an old gun pack doing covers.he went o  to tell me 1 of the lads with them has ninty Fox's shot with the night vision.f***ing joke.

Why even let the man come out with hounds if he's rifling too ? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
3 hours ago, king said:

Fields out the front of the house can see a fox regular from the living room window a few times a week in the daytime...

October 6 Fox's the lamp picked up In 1 field about 300yds from the house.

3 cubs and 3 adults...

 

yer bull x be stretchin it legs on em eh

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...