Fox numbers ireland ?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If only we could have shown people what they were encouraging when they wanted hunting banned- aif foxes could vote they would choose to keep hunting!!

Already have your picture Dougal.  

This always makes me wonder - what is the point? Shooting foxes with thermal and nv is easy, no real sport, and if it’s poaching it’s Not pest control .... so what’s the compulsion? Genuinel

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

You can still use harsh language at them atm but there working to ban that I'm told

What like shouting..oi you bugger.

Or..go away you swine..etc...

I like to use the digital caller and when they get to about 30yds.

I throw a few Mr Kipling cherry Bakewells at them.

And the cheeky Fox's normally spit out the cherry.

That's thanks for you ey..

• Haha 3
25 minutes ago, king said:

What like shouting..oi you bugger.

Or..go away you swine..etc...

I like to use the digital caller and when they get to about 30yds.

I throw a few Mr Kipling cherry Bakewells at them.

And the cheeky Fox's normally spit out the cherry.

That's thanks for you ey..

You must have a good caller mine scares them off gone back 2 old brass disc type now 

Purely for the berating like

6 minutes ago, Black neck said:

You must have a good caller mine scares them off gone back 2 old brass disc type now 

Purely for the berating like

yea the disc type 1's are good brother black neck..

before the digital caller.i used to carry a guinea pig in my pocket.and gently squeeze his ear he would make a great calling noise..

but the dirty fecker seemed to be very fond of pooping in my pocket..dirty bugger's them guinea pig's..stick to the disc caller i would say..

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Black neck said:

I take it these people have got permission 2 shoot on these places ,it's 1 thing slopeing about wi a dog but rifles what is the law on trespassing wi a firearm 

Tresspass is a civil matter so unless the landowner wants to follow through with prosecutions the police can’t do much where as if you Trespass with a gun it’s technically armed tresspass and no longer a civil matter and the Gards can intervene. That’s as far as I know. But doesn’t matter cause they don’t own a pair of boots don’t mind walk the land the shoot from the road.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, king said:

Fields out the front of the house can see a fox regular from the living room window a few times a week in the daytime...

October 6 Fox's the lamp picked up In 1 field about 300yds from the house.

3 cubs and 3 adults

I used to see foxs out the back field of the house regular . Very regular. Not anymore haven’t seen one for a good while

8 minutes ago, sionnach99 said:
7 hours ago, king said:

Fields out the front of the house can see a fox regular from the living room window a few times a week in the daytime...

October 6 Fox's the lamp picked up In 1 field about 300yds from the house.

3 cubs and 3 adults

I used to see foxs out the back field of the house regular . Very regular. Not anymore haven’t seen one for a good while

Nv is probably the culprit mate..

There's a seriously noticeable decline in the numbers over the last few years up North since the rifle technology has hit the market at working man's prices. Lads on a lamping foxes FB page at Christmas crying about only getting a couple for the month of December when he had 30 last year and 80 the year before. The same lad that posted pictures of milky vixens and cubs shot at the mouth of the den. What hope is there? Another lad on from down Dublin way that shot over 100 in December alone! Where's the sport in plugging an animal from 200 yrds away that hasn't a notion you're there because of the 3 grand you spent on a thermal scope? I'm all for necessary control but it's so far beyond that now, it's decimation for no good reason. I personally think social media is to blame and it's become a numbers game and d*ck measuring competition. Without an outlet to tell the world, 80% of them wouldn't be doing it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1