Fox numbers ireland ?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If only we could have shown people what they were encouraging when they wanted hunting banned- aif foxes could vote they would choose to keep hunting!!

Already have your picture Dougal.  

This always makes me wonder - what is the point? Shooting foxes with thermal and nv is easy, no real sport, and if it’s poaching it’s Not pest control .... so what’s the compulsion? Genuinel

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, sionnach99 said:

A mate of mine was in one of his permissions few weeks back now and a fox left in the field where he was shot. They have no respect and looks bad on all of us. We used to put a hell of a lot more foxs out of cover few years ago than we do now that’s for sure. Every Tom, dick and  Harry getting given a liscence . I was talking to a lad the other night who told me himself to my face that the only reason he was allowed a rifle liscence from the station was because the guards knew he was coursing hares and couldn’t stop him so they gave him a rifle for rabbits and foxs to stop him coursing... they have to tighten up on rifle liscencing or there won’t be a deer fox or rabbit left?‍♂️?

I'd say he grassed a few people up to get his licence more like

Was out walking local on Saturday afternoon and could hear a load of magpies making a racket..... Sat in the hedge and watched a big dog ? eating someone's light Sussex hen?, around 3:45 pm,lurcher winded him so  had a little hunt of him and put him to ground in a nice little place I didn't know was there...... Put a trail cam up on the sunday to see how busy it is..... Dust off my digging gear for next weekend I think and pull the old choco bitch out of retirement.... Young dogs I got not interested still?1080399977_2017-03-2614_23_41.jpg.1023aec82b4889762f0e51373e594a4c.jpg

• Like 6
2 hours ago, sionnach99 said:

You see it every year on the c**ts of pages on Facebook, lads posting pictures of milky vixens...I seen one lad last year commented ‘I’d gladly shoot the last fox in Ireland given the chance’ . Says it all really... was out for a shine the other night and came acros two lads with rifles. And I wasn’t out long. 

Sadly don't have to go on Facebook to see it. There's a mid night cowboy over the road from me, he has no understanding of hunting or nature what so ever, just bragging down the pup about what and how many he shot.

Atb j 

I can walk out my gate and get to three den that held foxes every year as a long as I can remember. All these are with in walking distance from me down on the beach. There empty now, haven't been used at all this year.

The one big one behind my house, is now a sett. Well used. 

Sad day really. 

Atb j 

4 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

I rarely see an in the fields pal, I could lamp them from my front door, if the dogs leave food in their bowls I do put it in the garden an within ten or 15 minutes there does be a fox eating it, I was in the city centre on o connell St, an one walked right past me, not a bother on it

You wanna consider yourself very very lucky

A man was mugged by a fox a while back if it wasn't for the intervention of a garlic bread baguette things could have been different altogether

You know ?

2 hours ago, sionnach99 said:

A mate of mine was in one of his permissions few weeks back now and a fox left in the field where he was shot. They have no respect and looks bad on all of us. We used to put a hell of a lot more foxs out of cover few years ago than we do now that’s for sure. Every Tom, dick and  Harry getting given a liscence . I was talking to a lad the other night who told me himself to my face that the only reason he was allowed a rifle liscence from the station was because the guards knew he was coursing hares and couldn’t stop him so they gave him a rifle for rabbits and foxs to stop him coursing... they have to tighten up on rifle liscencing or there won’t be a deer fox or rabbit left?‍♂️?

I take it these people have got permission 2 shoot on these places ,it's 1 thing slopeing about wi a dog but rifles what is the law on trespassing wi a firearm 

1 hour ago, low plains drifter said:

You wanna consider yourself very very lucky

A man was mugged by a fox a while back if it wasn't for the intervention of a garlic bread baguette things could have been different altogether

You know ?

I heard about that

9 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I take it these people have got permission 2 shoot on these places ,it's 1 thing slopeing about wi a dog but rifles what is the law on trespassing wi a firearm 

The people I know of don't have permission. They shoot from the road out of their, cars, vans jeeps. They travel for miles every night.

Atb j 

• Like 1
Just now, jetro said:

The people I know of don't have permission. They shoot from the road out of their, cars, vans jeeps. They travel for miles every night.

Atb j 

Surely you get seriously fecked caught at that lark or ain't the botherd over there