Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Netmaker

Ferreting on the fell

Recommended Posts

Had a cracking morning out with John T off this site with his son day started with a nice crisp frost crack was good rabbit's slow to bolt at first but when they started they where hitting the long nets fast and furious ended the morning with 21 fat healthy rabbit's

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Loving these cold dry crisp mornings forgot what they were like. We don't get them number anymore 10 would be good 15 excellent. Only 4 today Lol, But hey loved ever second of it. They didn't really want to bolt and young ones to boot, got my suspicions there are lots of new age travellers (crusties) near by with dogs think they have been taking a few and spooking the rabbits. 

Well done on your 21, atb.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Netmaker said:

Had a cracking morning out with John T off this site with his son day started with a nice crisp frost crack was good rabbit's slow to bolt at first but when they started they where hitting the long nets fast and furious ended the morning with 21 fat healthy rabbit's

Aye was a canny morning out mate,shame we were only there till 12, plenty more for next time though👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

anytime mate just give me a shout it was nice to have a change of scenery on some different permission [ will have to learn your lad how to use a spade though]

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Arry said:

Loving these cold dry crisp mornings forgot what they were like. We don't get them number anymore 10 would be good 15 excellent. Only 4 today Lol, But hey loved ever second of it. They didn't really want to bolt and young ones to boot, got my suspicions there are lots of new age travellers (crusties) near by with dogs think they have been taking a few and spooking the rabbits. 

Well done on your 21, ate.

Cheers Arry

Touch wood, no sign of any young in the rabbits we gutted, never is normally right though till the end of February on this farm! Was minus -3 when we started this morning👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Netmaker said:

anytime mate just give me a shout it was nice to have a change of scenery on some different permission [ will have to learn your lad how to use a spade though]

Ha ha he told me that last dig he did was a four footer, said you dug the 6incher out😂

Share this post


Link to post

cheeky sod I dug the first 3.5ft took him an hr to dig the last 6" to get the rabbit out HaHaHa 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Netmaker said:

 one more

rabbit4.jpg

IMG_20200119_115044[1].jpg

Christ you guys don't know you're born not a bramble in sight. My hands and arms look like I've been self harming so many scratches. We do have a few open ground borrows but nothing like that, it's mostly hedge crawling for me Lol. Atb.

Cheers Arry

Share this post


Link to post

its not all easy going as that bud we do have rougher ground we ferret we just surround any gorse or bramble with long nets and purse net what we can

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Netmaker said:

its not all easy going as that bud we do have rougher ground we ferret we just surround any gorse or bramble with long nets and purse net what we can

I quessed that mate's i'm just joking and green with envy, would love a bit of ground like that. Atb.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

sorry bud I didn't take it the wrong way we are bless to have such ground to work our stinkers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Leelad1987
      Anyone fix knicker boxes and collars thank you in advance ive got an 8ft mk1 and 15ft mk2 and id like to know what batteries to use in both collars thank you for ypur time 
    • By CaseyJack123
      Is it necessary for ferrets to have there injections I have 3 and it’s going to cost me 160 pound for the first course and then I have to pay another 160 for a second. I don’t work them I just have them for when I kill  pigeons and rabbits so the kill doesn’t go to waste. 
    • By CaseyJack123
      I’ve got a 8 week old male ferret and I’m going to have him castrated, will he be allowed to be in my cage with my hob who’s intact. It’s a big cage and there’s a Jill in there too. If I can’t keep him in there will he be able to stay in there for a while until I get a new cage  
    • By wabbit slayer
      Hi I'm on the look out for a couple of jill kits if anyone knows of any.
      I'm located between Selby and Doncaster.
      Will be well cared for and worked.
    • By Adam1010
      Evening all, this year I am finally in a position to be able to get my own ferrets. as you can imagine I have a couple of questions. Although I have been/done ferreting in the past (although not recently) I am no expert. 
       
      1st off when’s best to buy ferret kits. I believe the summer time is best from what I remember but in between which months, if there is “set months” 
      2nd is there anyone in Kent on here who breeds ferrets to sell on? 
      also any other tips when getting my first couple of ferrets would be much appreciated.
      Ta. Adam. 
×
×
  • Create New...