Sooty Sam lines

In my humble opinion I wouldn’t get caught up on names, I have seen a couple of dogs with sooty Sam blood and they were utter rubbish I am afraid, doesn’t mean he was or all his offspring are just means blood doesn’t guarantee a good dog. Proven working dog doing the job is what you need whether it has famous blood or not, most of these “famous” dogs are a bit of a myth anyway. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Bobtheferret said:

In my humble opinion I wouldn’t get caught up on names, I have seen a couple of dogs with sooty Sam blood and they were utter rubbish I am afraid, doesn’t mean he was or all his offspring are just means blood doesn’t guarantee a good dog. Proven working dog doing the job is what you need whether it has famous blood or not, most of these “famous” dogs are a bit of a myth anyway. 

Your right mate I've owned 5 of mikes stuff and all have been shit but a lot say they are good so I must of been unlucky. As most know a show bred whippet as been the best for me for rabbits.

Edited by Trev70
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Trev70 said:

Your right mate I've owned 5 of mikes stuff and all have been shit but a lot say they are good so I must of been unlucky. As most know a show bred whippet as been the best for me for rabbits.

One of my dogs was show bred, from very good show lines, but by Christ you’d be hard pushed to find a hardier keen working whippet. Some whippets these days seem a bit too lanky.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gnipper said:

I'd say there's a difference between one off Mike and one with one of his dogs several generations back in its breeding but they threw his name in the advert though Sheepchaser.

The whippets I owned Mike bred them. From what whippets I've seen the Mike's bred stuff put to a race course or show line whippet are better than a straight Mike Brown stuff.

Edited by Trev70

I've only seen(walked out with) two black males off that line...

Both were incredibly wired,..they caught rabbits that I doubted could be taken,...in truth, it was frightening to watch?

Personally, I could not live with such intensity from a rabbiting dog,..but I can see why some folks, find them entertaining.

My own, home-bred cur bitch, has a wee bit of the aforementioned blood in her breeding,..albeit, watered down somewhat...

She is still, plenty hot enough for me though...?

_K1A2865.JPG

http://www.chalkwarren.co.uk/

• Like 7
22 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Would be nice to see some of mike browns stuff still about?

Im sure plenty will knock him. But I had pick of the litter from him ten years ago and that whippet (who a few saw on here) was an absolute machine.

same mate i had one of him aswell an its was a crackin wee dog lived till 15 year old tough as old boots never injured was a pleasure to own