Running with the fox's!

38 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Honda 50's were six volt when you were a lad Meece ?

I can take you to a local lake thats like a Honda graveyard, its full of old v50's and step through 70's!

most of them are next to what was a massive jump that just killed them.. surprised it didn't kill any of us either seen as thought it was about the same time we discovered Booz :laugh:

still fish it every now and again with the kids, always have a little laugh when I see someone getting snagged cos I know what's down there:whistling:

• Haha 5
On 18/01/2020 at 07:52, Sausagedog said:

Nearly all night!

My first time out with a pard nv019 and Si was right I was out for five and a half hours following fox's about!

It's taken some getting use to but I'm getting the hang of it.

My aim was to tackle lamp shy fox's on my patches and it does that well.

I watched one approach undetected and when I did light him up he was very surprised for a few moments. At close range it would of been an easy shot were it not for the nettle patch in the way! I'll be back!

Witnessed a dog and Vixen scrapping. Stood up on their back legs punching at each other, I though wow, they've been married for years! Instead of nailing one or both I watched them and in a flash they were gone ?. What followed was me following them on foot trying to undo my mistake but they busted me a mile later!

I kept walking, towards some ewes and farm. There I saw one back of the lamb shed and I doubt it wanted to congratulate the ewes on their new arrivals but I lost the sneaky....thing.

Or did I! The next field and as the cell in the PARD packed up a fox gave voice and I was able to spot it amongst sheep nearly 300yds away.

Putting the unit in my canvass bag I went traditional and moved in.

105 paces off hand, wmr. Died instantly. Sent a second one free of charge because....well you never know do you!

I knew it was dead how it folded up but it's good practice with a light calibre.

IMG_20200118_005050821.jpg.e2311aa8514266166bbfb01b6728b4c9.jpg

SD.

You'll have to keep us informed on how the PARD NV019 is performing SD, I'm currently looking at spotters and the price of the NV019 is cheaper than most others out there??

1 hour ago, Longshanx said:

You'll have to keep us informed on how the PARD NV019 is performing SD, I'm currently looking at spotters and the price of the NV019 is cheaper than most others out there??

It's ok. Mine was second hand and came with a +4 lense as the dioptre is not adjustable. So unless your very short sighted focusing your eye on the screen will be difficult. I don't know if new ones come sorted dioptre wise.

The eye cup is very loose on mine but black tape has secured it.

Battery life is good and you can charge in the car with a phone charger.

There are caveats though like temporary blindness after use.

.As to the glare my oo7 is sporting a yellow lens from a led lenser torch kit as the white light was annoying but pale yellow causes no eyestrain so maybe measure your lens diameter and go on ebay type in perspex lenses and theres a lot of firms will cut to size for not a lot and you can forget about eyestrain .Ive had orange ,green and blue cut to order atb 

4 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

.As to the glare my oo7 is sporting a yellow lens from a led lenser torch kit as the white light was annoying but pale yellow causes no eyestrain so maybe measure your lens diameter and go on ebay type in perspex lenses and theres a lot of firms will cut to size for not a lot and you can forget about eyestrain .Ive had orange ,green and blue cut to order atb 

Brilliant (no pun intended). I have some red filter. I will try that. Thanks.

5 hours ago, philpot said:

My pal's 019 came with a set of 5 additional lenses which just pop into the bellows, simply select the one that suits your eye. If you have to buy a set of lenses, they are only about £5.

Phil

That's good then. Thanks for letting us know.