electronic calls

On 19/01/2020 at 20:04, Ted Newgent said:

A few years ago  When  Coyote Gods was up and running a Canadian member was travelling through the UK enroute  to europe and we met up.  He brought me an electronic caller because that's what they really used.  The caller used plug in chips with different calls.   A mate had ground where he had heard a fox calling so we set up to try to call it. We didn't call the Fox but we did call a Maggie right into the tree above us and an owl that nearly took my hat off..  Most of the online calls don't seem to replicate anything.   I can't remember what Site it was but there was some ole boy that was supposed to be the dangles at calling.   Well all it sounded like to me was an asthmatic blowing as best he could on a flat penny whistle.  All of the dowmloadable calls sounded exactly the same and none of them were what I thought were realistic.   The most needed three calls that would be of use in the UK are the Maggie chatter,  The crow caw, and the vixen  scream.  The other year we had about 3 vixens in earshot calling.  The spaniel used to sit at heel listening to  these foxes calling.  I managed to download a realistic call and played it to the spaniel who went absolutely nuts and knocked over the coffee table along with a vase of the mrs's flowers.  Bloody lunatic dog.  I did know a bloke who could replicate the scream of a vixen and it called both dog Fox and vixens.   I think the dogs thought that their luck was in and the vixens came to fight an intruder to terrotory. 

On 29/01/2020 at 16:25, Greyman said:

My son just downloaded this free app for me on my iPad, works well ,have even called in a mountain lion with it ?????

I  downloaded the moose one and all I called was some old horse faced harogan from Tesco. You dont see many moose up the high street on a wet wednesday.  Or mountain lions either.  Seeing how much rain there's been your more likely to call a sea lion.

• Like 1