Struggling to find a Shotgun.

Hello, 

Need a bit of help, I am looking for a Shotgun, been to a few shops and been looking online but no luck so far. 

I'm looking for a 20G over and under or side by side. Unfortunately I am short so need the stock to be around 13-13.5 inches. I found a nice one in Tonbridge Wells unfortunately though it doesn't have multichoke, so that was a no go. 

I know I can get the stocks shortened but I know there are some guns out there where it isn't needed. 

Just looking for a 20G, side by side or over and under, multi choke around 27 inch barrel, 13-13.5 inch stock, ejector, single trigger. 

I have shot with 12 G unfortunately I have a back injury and that cause discomfort to my injury when shooting regularly. Open to suggestions though. 

Any assistance or advice would be useful thank you :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you mad man??? It's the only time I get any peace!! 

S D is experienced and gives good advice. Shooting is easy although some make it hard work.  Don't get stuck in a groove about chokes and bore sizes. There's nothing wrong in fixed chokes.  It re

Bernard, we've all seen the pyjamas; I'm no taking fashion advice from you!

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Hi Emigoodman1.

It's fantastic to have a lady shooter here because women are better shooters for sure ?

Is it 20g for weight of gun or a recoil thing?

When you tried a 12g did you get to try 21g&24g loads?

Will look out for a gun for you.

Hello, 

Thank you for reply, not about lady's being better ?

It was 28g and 30g loads. 

Weight, recoil and size really... Alot of people have suggest 20g to me due to my back injury, and being short ?

3 minutes ago, EmiGoodman1 said:

Hello, 

Weight, recoil and size really... Alot of people have suggest 20g to me due to my back injury, and being short ?

Is it a game gun or for clays?

Is an auto no go?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Is it a game gun or for clays?

Is an auto no go?

Game, was considering doing a day with clay to try work on my technique and accuracy.. Etc

And I am open to auto just love the side by side and over and under. I have shot with an auto by it was huge on me ? and felt very heavy, probably look ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, EmiGoodman1 said:

Game, was considering doing a day with clay to try work on my technique and accuracy.. Etc

And I am open to auto just love the side by side and over and under. I have shot with an auto by it was huge on me ? and felt very heavy, probably look ridiculous. 

20g autos are scaled nice though. I know what you mean though. Personally I like petite shotguns over the huge lumps most seem to offer today ?

Just now, Sausagedog said:

20g autos are scaled nice though. I know what you mean though. Personally I like petite shotguns over the huge lumps most seem to offer today ?

Yeah found a nice 20g today honestly fit perfectly, was perfect apart from not having Multichoke and not steel proof so I will have to carry on looking! But went to 3 shops and nothing. Looked online and nothing all are so big ? not great for a short person. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, EmiGoodman1 said:

Hello, 

went to the clay ground with a mate a a few weeks back, hes had hart surgery so was a bit sceptical about letting rip with a 12g so he bought a 20. 

recon he hit 80% and was well chuffed with it, I had a few shots and it handled better than my ou 12..

ive had a couple of discs out of my back so a 20 might be on my shopping list!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, si brown said:

went to the clay ground with a mate a a few weeks back, hes had hart surgery so was a bit sceptical about letting rip with a 12g so he bought a 20. 

recon he hit 80% and was well chuffed with it, I had a few shots and it handled better than my ou 12..

ive had a couple of discs out of my back so a 20 might be on my shopping list!

Took everyone a while to convince me to go for 20G as felt its because I am a women and people were implying I wasn't capable ? I was being a stubborn women! 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, EmiGoodman1 said:

Yeah found a nice 20g today honestly fit perfectly, was perfect apart from not having Multichoke and not steel proof so I will have to carry on looking! But went to 3 shops and nothing. Looked online and nothing all are so big ? not great for a short person. 

Is there a particular reason for multi choke? I ask because I never really worried about it and got them adjusted to my needs or did them myself.

There is bismuth too instead of steel!

1 minute ago, EmiGoodman1 said:

Took everyone a while to convince me to go for 20G as felt its because I am a women and people were implying I wasn't capable ? I was being a stubborn women! 

Arhh, I've got one of them too...but let's concentrate on shotguns!

Nothing wrong with a 20g. In fact I think 12g is a little over rated to be honest!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Is there a particular reason for multi choke? I ask because I never really worried about it and got them adjusted to my needs or did them myself.

There is bismuth too instead of steel!

The reason for Multichoke is because I want to be able to adjust to where I am shooting and also two permission I have, have duck on them. 

And never used bismuth and to be honest I don't know much about them. 

7 minutes ago, EmiGoodman1 said:

my mates 6 foot odd and dont look out of place with it, its all about what fits you and suits your style of shooting!

ive not used my ou since I bought a new semi that has next to no kick at all, only reason its still in the cabinet is so theres a spare for any mates that want to come out!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, EmiGoodman1 said:

Hello, 

Need a bit of help, I am looking for a Shotgun, been to a few shops and been looking online but no luck so far. 

I'm looking for a 20G over and under or side by side. Unfortunately I am short so need the stock to be around 13-13.5 inches. I found a nice one in Tonbridge Wells unfortunately though it doesn't have multichoke, so that was a no go. 

I know I can get the stocks shortened but I know there are some guns out there where it isn't needed. 

Just looking for a 20G, side by side or over and under, multi choke around 27 inch barrel, 13-13.5 inch stock, ejector, single trigger. 

I have shot with 12 G unfortunately I have a back injury and that cause discomfort to my injury when shooting regularly. Open to suggestions though. 

Any assistance or advice would be useful thank you :)

S D is experienced and gives good advice.

Shooting is easy although some make it hard work.  Don't get stuck in a groove about chokes and bore sizes. There's nothing wrong in fixed chokes.  It really don't make that much difference if you put the lead on the target it breaks.  The gun has to fit you and you have to be able to see the picture. If you can do this your on track. If you can't then a pair of Holland's won't help you.  This is the basis of it all. There are 12 g loads that are lighter and easier than some twenty loads and send a better charge pattern. No one ....,,,,,  wanders round changing chokes.  Select half and you can shoot lead or steel though with no probs.  Dont get into a position of being a beginner paint you into an expensive corner. 

• Like 4