Yet another div

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wants a dog up and running, about 6 weeks of the season left. Speaks fecking volumes... As for sentiment- the poor lurcher is one of the most disposable dogs out there. How anyone defends pr

Been doing voluntary work at a dog pound for the last 3 days, shovelling shit, excersises and so on, lurchers , take your pic, from beddy greyhounds to pedigree whippets really sad to see

May just not like or get on with the dog.....personally I’d give it away but if they need the money then hey ho. Some dogs you just don’t get along with, it happens 

May just not like or get on with the dog.....personally I’d give it away but if they need the money then hey ho.

Some dogs you just don’t get along with, it happens 

• Like 4

Yer, your dead right Saltmoon.... THOUGH hate to say it BUT sadly, it's what makes the world go round...

As PC as we like to be, breeding puppies, failed youngsters, 5 minute wonders, getting locked up, splitting up with the Mrs/Mr etc..... SELLING PUPPIES AND DOGS is all part of what keeps the lurcher & terrier world supplied....

Personally speaking, i LOVE dog advertisements, on any site and i sure miss em on this one.

This site is all the poorer for that IMO..!!! ?

In past years, ad's in E&M, Shooting News, EDRD and CW were the best part of them 'rags'... First pages i'd turn to!

In my 52 years, i've never kept more than 2 lurchers. Only bred one litter of pups BUT what's out there, the crosses, the breeding, the chance buys, have always been a constant facination to me and many others in the game AND long may that continue...

LET THE SELLERS SELL...!!!! ?

10 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Yer, your dead right Saltmoon.... THOUGH hate to say it BUT sadly, it's what makes the world go round...

As PC as we like to be, breeding puppies, failed youngsters, 5 minute wonders, getting locked up, splitting up with the Mrs/Mr etc..... SELLING PUPPIES AND DOGS is all part of what keeps the lurcher & terrier world supplied....

Personally speaking, i LOVE dog advertisements, on any site and i sure miss em on this one.

This site is all the poorer for that IMO..!!! ?

In past years, ad's in E&M, Shooting News, EDRD and CW were the best part of them 'rags'... First pages i'd turn to!

In my 52 years, i've never kept more than 2 lurchers. Only bred one litter of pups BUT what's out there, the crosses, the breeding, the chance buys, have always been a constant facination to me and many others in the game AND long may that continue...

LET THE SELLERS SELL...!!!! ?

Ditto. Well said.

We brits are very sentimental about dogs. In many parts of the world they are held in very low esteem.  Here we have a whole industry devoted to re_homing dogs, many imported from  God knows where.

Everytime I see " A dog is for life not just for Christmas" on a car back windscreen, I always think that person should have more important injustices on his/ her mind.

I would wager the pup in question has behavioural issues : slow to housetrain, destructive, separation anxiety or some other problem which the owner can't deal with.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 4

well said bosun ive got 57 years an ive been in it 47 an when i wanted my first lurcher they were thin on the ground there was only one regular paper the exchange and mart so to see different types of  pups and older dogs it used to be the first thing i went on dogs for sale on the site just to see what people are using and running and i have bought one pup of the site butt she broke her neck when she was five but i already had a pup from her no i just put a lead under my pillow and the dog fairy brings me another 

5 hours ago, Black neck said:

Bosun your response has shocked us 2 the core going 2 have 2 tek the day off now as I'm far 2 upset to work 

Good day ?

Have a camomile and jasmine, and lie down in a dark room for a couple hours blackie. Sort you right out ??

3 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Ditto. Well said.

We brits are very sentimental about dogs. In many parts of the world they are held in very low esteem.  Here we have a whole industry devoted to re_homing dogs, many imported from  God knows where.

Everytime I see " A dog is for life not just for Christmas" on a car back windscreen, I always think that person should have more important injustices on his/ her mind.

I would wager the pup in question has behavioural issues : slow to housetrain, destructive, separation anxiety or some other problem which the owner can't deal with.

My punkin and fee fee are more important than people sir if theres not enough food 2 go round our Robert goes without and hes grateful of it long as my baby paws get the best

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

My punkin and fee fee are more important than people sir if theres not enough food 2 go round our Robert goes without and hes grateful of it long as my baby paws get the best

? ......... yep, a day off work will do you good mate ?

Edited by shaaark

The pup may be a but of pain more then likely lack of training hes selling as he wants a dog that's up and running.... that's what the advert says anyway most of us know what you put in to the dog training ect you get back if you put no effort in and just expect then it's really not the dogs fault. Boils my piss people getting pups then giving up I understand sometimes it can not be helped. Saw another one woman saying the dog has got to big and strong it was a American bulldog x French mastiff I mean people must know when then but the pup it's going to be a big strong dog one day but then again some people are naturally stupid I guess 

• Like 3