I need help in more ways than one, but this will do for now

20 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Oh, my heads starting to hurt now, I’ve got a vortex viper LR on it now, no ad-on works on it because of the coating on the glass, I think I’m going to have to take all the advice I can and do some serious YouTubeing over the weekend, what put me off the pard was not been able to zoom 1x at a time, someone I know had the pulsar N450 ( I think that was the model) and he sent it back because it wouldn’t hold zero, I’m really not sure what to do, I’ve always done alright with the lamp but everyone else I know has been using nv for years now, I don’t want to buy something and think this isn’t as good as my scope

I’ve only ever had an issue once with zero, and I’ve been using mine for approx 8 years (I had the older model before this one)I put it down to been knocked which is more than probable with me.

if you was closer your welcome to a look through it anytime.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont buy a Yukon mate especially the rt The pard is very good on the hawke scope I have ,shot foxes well upwards of 300 yds and not bullshitting either .Had the Yukon photon rt  for two winters and wo

I'm coming to this late and admit I've read none of the replies, but why a 22-250 if you already have a .243? Plenty of light loads for the .243, in particular the 55/58g V-max which are a pussyc

Never seen one but like the look of it ....I'm still old school with lamp which I prefer. These 2 taken last night no thermal or nv ?

Posted Images

For what it’s worth I will add my two penneth . I have a pulsar N970lrf . I find it does what I want and I have shot foxes 200 meters plus . You can see them clearly no problem. You can also get a doubler which is good . I use a thermal spotter and the night vision scope and it s good . But even though they say you can use it day and night , I’ve found them not very good in daylight . If it’s too bright , forget it , also if the target is in a dark background it might not show up well . As regards these pulsar scopes not holding zero , that’s not been my experience, as long as you don’t drop or bash them they are fine . I have been out with a mate who has a pard add on , on a Hawke scope . You really do have an effective NV which is excellent and you can just remove it and use it in the day . My advice would be , sell the vortex and get a Hawke scope and a pard . 

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 1

I don't know what your budget is but if you want the best digital you need a Black ENV10. No need to take it off to use in daylight as it is perfectly good enough to shoot crows etc in bright sunlight out to 300yds. Ten times magnification and still works well in high humidity/water content when all the others will have you going home. It can handle any amount of i/r that you throw at it, absolutely no lag at all. It is the only n/v scope i know of that is truly switch it on, kill something, switch it off with no faffing at all.. Buy once cry once!   

Edited by ianm
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, David.evans said:

SL

have you tried putting a lens cap over the doubler and drill a 15mm hole for day times shooting , works great mate 

atb

Might try that . I’ve got a .223 and a .243 with telescopic sights . So I tend to just swap rifles if I’m shooting at dusk , as soon as it gets too dark I just swap over . I meant to say in the previous post that I’ve compared the pard to the pulsar I’ve got on the same night , and the pulsar was a lot clearer and to me I preferred the pulsar, but for what Stavross wants and for the price the pard would take some beating.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

For what it’s worth I will add my two penneth . I have a pulsar N970lrf . I find it does what I want and I have shot foxes 200 meters plus . You can see them clearly no problem. You can also get a doubler which is good . I use a thermal spotter and the night vision scope and it s good . But even though they say you can use it day and night , I’ve found them not very good in daylight . If it’s too bright , forget it , also if the target is in a dark background it might not show up well . As regards these pulsar scopes not holding zero , that’s not been my experience, as long as you don’t drop or bash them they are fine . I have been out with a mate who has a pard add on , on a Hawke scope . You really do have an effective NV which is excellent and you can just remove it and use it in the day . My advice would be , sell the vortex and get a Hawke scope and a pard . 

I had an N750 for three years and killed a lot of foxes with it. I have only really two gripes with them. (1) They can white out with a lot of i/r so you need an adjustable mount that you can alter quickly with your fingertips, so that you are shooting in the edge of the light. (2) The magnification is only four times and fitting doublers is very problamatic. If you fit a doubler you will have poi issues. The only person i know who hasn't had such problems is a toolmaker who manufactured a whole new front end for his scope out of alloy and it took him two days on a lathe and milling machine.   

5 minutes ago, ianm said:

I had an N750 for three years and killed a lot of foxes with it. I have only really two gripes with them. (1) They can white out with a lot of i/r so you need an adjustable mount that you can alter quickly with your fingertips, so that you are shooting in the edge of the light. (2) The magnification is only four times and fitting doublers is very problamatic. If you fit a doubler you will have poi issues. The only person i know who hasn't had such problems is a toolmaker who manufactured a whole new front end for his scope out of alloy and it took him two days on a lathe and milling machine.   

I’ve heard of the doubler issues, so I haven’t bothered. I know what you mean about the other issues too  One of my main gripes is glare back from anything near the ir . I’ve got a nightmaster adjustable mount for the Ir . It’s not perfect but I’ve shot a lot of foxes with it . My next sight won’t be NV . When I do upgrade I will be going down the thermal route . 

• Like 2

Ive a doubler on mine with the pinto lens adaptor , and a bit of thread seal . never lost zero mate , with the sony lens it takes the mag to 6.8 

and on the 870 ian you can just turn the dial to ajust the sum light or brightness , no white out there , but each to there own 

atb 

• Like 2

Dont buy a Yukon mate especially the rt The pard is very good on the hawke scope I have ,shot foxes well upwards of 300 yds and not bullshitting either .Had the Yukon photon rt  for two winters and wouldn’t put one on any of my rifles with the advent of the pard .I now have hawke scopes on all my rifles from the hw 100 to the .243 all with adapters for the pard .Evening shooting without it then switch to pard to do a night shift .
Any nv unit is only as good as the ir that supports it so spend wisely on that ,the dragon fly is for me the very best ir there is on the pard anyway .Pity you weren’t closer as you could of borrowed the rt for a while then the pard .Had zero issues with the Yukon which drove me to despair to the point I went out and bought a new rifle ,hawke scope and pard .

For the money I’d say the pard 007 takes some beating  ,some say it sits too far back but I seem to get on fine with it .

Going to start using the onboard recording system soon so might get a vid up if I do .

• Like 3
2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Dont buy a Yukon mate especially the rt The pard is very good on the hawke scope I have ,shot foxes well upwards of 300 yds and not bullshitting either .Had the Yukon photon rt  for two winters and wouldn’t put one on any of my rifles with the advent of the pard .I now have hawke scopes on all my rifles from the hw 100 to the .243 all with adapters for the pard .Evening shooting without it then switch to pard to do a night shift .
Any nv unit is only as good as the ir that supports it so spend wisely on that ,the dragon fly is for me the very best ir there is on the pard anyway .Pity you weren’t closer as you could of borrowed the rt for a while then the pard .Had zero issues with the Yukon which drove me to despair to the point I went out and bought a new rifle ,hawke scope and pard .

For the money I’d say the pard 007 takes some beating  ,some say it sits too far back but I seem to get on fine with it .

Going to start using the onboard recording system soon so might get a vid up if I do .

had the same problem as you fd with the photon rt and sold the replacement for a 007... Ive never had a problem with eye relief and didn't have to compromise the scope eye relief either!

mint bit of kit for the money just a pity you cant use them on good glass scopes?

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, David.evans said:

Stav

are you Newcastle way 

I’m with rob on this one mate , may be a meet up could be possible, so you try it your self befor laying any cash out 

atb mate 

I’m in Stockton about 30 mins from Newcastle 

cheers for all the advice lads, I’m going to have to do some serious reading up over the weekend, the more I think about it I really don’t want to get rid of the vortex scope, it’s the best scope I’ve ever had, I’ve had one of the photon rt’s on a .17hmr and it was sh*t, ideally I’d get another rifle and just have it for foxes then I wouldn’t be in this situation, I’m going to have to try and get in the good books