Common Sense for once.

8 hours ago, jetro said:

I'm from the west of Ireland, can't get any further west than where i live, and it's all true what you said. Especially about the club's. I was a member of a few local ones years ago. All they wanted was clays. I asked why aren't we doing vermin control and raising birds. The committee had their usual excuses, no one could be bothered. 

There's no fallow or Sika around me, but plenty of reds. More of them than any other game

And plenty of rangers. Doing what, I don't know but their burning diesel going back and over the road.

Atb j 

I don’t understand it either mate because I drive around and there’s some fine land that would lend itself to decent driven pheasant shooting......undulating terrain where you could stand guns in small valleys and drive birds off the ridge tops, it would great shooting.

They would earn more out of it than poxy cows ! Lol 

Theres just no call for it, they ain’t interested.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone should be encouraged. Too much protection of stalking rights and too much industry promoted regulation. f**k all like that in NZ and their reds are doing just fine for it. Id love absolu

Moving to Ireland wrecked my hunting mate.......I was all excited when I was first going to move thinking “out in the sticks all on my own, I can leather gear until my hearts content “........how wron

There’s just not enough to give a dog anything like a decent amount of work mate......not proper work. I just can’t find the heart for it, bumping into the odd things is no good for a dog....a do

10 hours ago, WILF said:

Moving to Ireland wrecked my hunting mate.......I was all excited when I was first going to move thinking “out in the sticks all on my own, I can leather gear until my hearts content “........how wrong was I !

Its literally barren !........they have gun clubs over there and that areas club is allowed to hunt over big tracts of land.....they are clowns !

They would rather spend money on clay f***ing pigeons than buying a few birds and rearing  them.

They see one pheasant in a hedge and texts are flying backwards and forwards in the group as they cum in their pants and that is no exaggeration.

I won’t shoot at a pheasant on my land, I feed them but I don’t shoot them because you just don’t hardly see any.

I have seen one fallow in 5 years !! 

Rabbits don’t exist in the west and hares again I won’t touch because you don’t see enough.

Compare that to Scotland in September or October with 80,000 pink foot in the sky or North Essex with its wilds herds of 50 to 60 fallow, roe, muntjac.

Bedford and Norfolk with its Chinese water deer......all the product of rich lords of yesteryear 

Pheasants as plump as turkeys and in fine condition pecking round every hedgerow.

The dales and it’s rabbits

Managed farms where you can see 50 of the finest hares you will see all sitting on one field in the lamp beam.

A free for all without backers in wildlife is pure shite and leads to no game or wild life at all 

Always scares me when I agree with Wilf but you have hit the nail on the head here. 

Pisses me off hearing 'ordinary dog men' slagging off gamekeepers, farmers or 'rich hunting people'......and expelling how wonderful it must be in America with public land. Then I look at the decent bits of the British countryside and know how much effort, money and protection it takes to keep it like that. 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, WILF said:

I don’t understand it either mate because I drive around and there’s some fine land that would lend itself to decent driven pheasant shooting......undulating terrain where you could stand guns in small valleys and drive birds off the ridge tops, it would great shooting.

They would earn more out of it than poxy cows ! Lol 

Theres just no call for it, they ain’t interested.

That's it, they have no interest.  A few of us were going to release birds, but why would we. Just of others to bag them at our efforts. 

There used to be wild grouse here, many years ago and there was talk about reintroducing them again, but no one wanted to do much about it.

Could be a great little earner for clubs and land owners having shoot days. 

Atb j

• Like 1

Wilf 

A couple of weeks before Christmas, I drove from my house ( near Clifden) to castlebar. Not one bit of wild life did I see except for seagulls and crows. 

Fine countryside, but barren 

Atb j 

• Sad 1
15 hours ago, Balaur said:

Take Wales as an example too or at least the black hills and south east valleys, vast swathes of land you can walk to your heart's content but not a lot else. I still miss the scenery and the freedom of it now, but never had any sport, suited some of the digging lads.

Always need trees though , and I believe that is definitely the way forward, as for rewilding I just don't believe we have the size or population to allow it to work. But anything is possible I guess...

Baldur

Are you the chap that was building a new home in eastern Europe, can't remember the name of the country.  If so I used to enjoy reading your post on the bulid. How did it come out in the end. Did you get it all finished 

Atb j 

• Like 1

Not wishing to be funny but as a lot of you lads from Ireland are on here moaning why don’t some of you start a rabbit breed and release programme, they are the starting point for replenishing and if you start with caged pet? rabbits you can have them inoculated from the various viruses that are wiping them out, then just start letting the offspring go,  small populations here and there so there is not enough to hunt but enough to reproduce, there is a similar thing happening on the Iberian peninsula to help the lynx there ✌️✌️

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Not wishing to be funny but as a lot of you lads from Ireland are on here moaning why don’t some of you start a rabbit breed and release programme, they are the starting point for replenishing and if you start with caged pet? rabbits you can have them inoculated from the various viruses that are wiping them out, then just start letting the offspring go,  small populations here and there so there is not enough to hunt but enough to reproduce, there is a similar thing happening on the Iberian peninsula to help the lynx there ✌️✌️

You are going think I’m joking here.....but I’m not.

You would have to be very, very careful as any adjacent farmer or land owners could sue you and you would literally loose your house........and they would believe me.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, WILF said:

They even let welshmen into England now days......place has gone to ruin ! Lol ? 

I suspect that he got lost one day a couldn't find his way home so set up shop. Something to do with taking the wrong exit off the motorway!

• Haha 2
40 minutes ago, WILF said:

You are going think I’m joking here.....but I’m not.

You would have to be very, very careful as any adjacent farmer or land owners could sue you and you would literally loose your house........and they would believe me.

No only that, the way the midnight cowboys patrol the areas no rabbit would be safe. 

Atb j 

20 hours ago, WILF said:

Moving to Ireland wrecked my hunting mate.......I was all excited when I was first going to move thinking “out in the sticks all on my own, I can leather gear until my hearts content “........how wrong was I !

Its literally barren !........they have gun clubs over there and that areas club is allowed to hunt over big tracts of land.....they are clowns !

They would rather spend money on clay f***ing pigeons than buying a few birds and rearing  them.

They see one pheasant in a hedge and texts are flying backwards and forwards in the group as they cum in their pants and that is no exaggeration.

I won’t shoot at a pheasant on my land, I feed them but I don’t shoot them because you just don’t hardly see any.

I have seen one fallow in 5 years !! 

Rabbits don’t exist in the west and hares again I won’t touch because you don’t see enough.

Compare that to Scotland in September or October with 80,000 pink foot in the sky or North Essex with its wilds herds of 50 to 60 fallow, roe, muntjac.

Bedford and Norfolk with its Chinese water deer......all the product of rich lords of yesteryear 

Pheasants as plump as turkeys and in fine condition pecking round every hedgerow.

The dales and it’s rabbits

Managed farms where you can see 50 of the finest hares you will see all sitting on one field in the lamp beam.

A free for all without backers in wildlife is pure shite and leads to no game or wild life at all 

Tell the truth you lying b*****d. There was plenty of game until you arrived and hoovered it all up.?

Scotland has game aplenty. A fortnight ago I was travelling through Glenshee at dusk and the amount of white hares crossing the road was unbelievable.  It was a cracking sight these white ghosts crossing the road in driving snow. I've seen me let the dogs out for a pee up there and have to keep them at heel because the whites are so numerous and  very easily caught even for my retards. My sons have had red deer in their gardens as well as red squirrels and pine martens. In summer the amount of insect life supports  tremendous amounts of other wild life. You still get your windscreen and bumper splattered if you drive at night.

I can't see a change of ownership of and making any difference. The keepers shoot as many hares as they can to control ticks as it is.

I understand your point. Lots of keepers estates are basically game reserves apart from a dozen shooting days per year and everybody benefits from wandering pheasants etc. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Tell the truth you lying b*****d. There was plenty of game until you arrived and hoovered it all up.?

Scotland has game aplenty. A fortnight ago I was travelling through Glenshee at dusk and the amount of white hares crossing the road was unbelievable.  It was a cracking sight these white ghosts crossing the road in driving snow. I've seen me let the dogs out for a pee up there and have to keep them at heel because the whites are so numerous and  very easily caught even for my retards. My sons have had red deer in their gardens as well as red squirrels and pine martens. In summer the amount of insect life supports  tremendous amounts of other wild life. You still get your windscreen and bumper splattered if you drive at night.

I can't see a change of ownership of and making any difference. The keepers shoot as many hares as they can to control ticks as it is.

I understand your point. Lots of keepers estates are basically game reserves apart from a dozen shooting days per year and everybody benefits from wandering pheasants etc. 

I was out for most of the day up on the hills around me, and saw two ducks, thsts it. Even in the small fields there's nothing moving. Sad really. 

Atb j 

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

I suspect that he got lost one day a couldn't find his way home so set up shop. Something to do with taking the wrong exit off the motorway!

How fukcing rude ... I have mastered the M25 now ?

• Haha 2