Common Sense for once.

37 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Another sad thing is that if the authorities ever did decide to get serious about culling deer, for public safety, it'd probably cost hundreds of thousands, would be regulated to f**k and be done entirely by professional contractors.

ie the badger cull....

And the meat left to waste 

Atb j 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone should be encouraged. Too much protection of stalking rights and too much industry promoted regulation. f**k all like that in NZ and their reds are doing just fine for it. Id love absolu

Moving to Ireland wrecked my hunting mate.......I was all excited when I was first going to move thinking “out in the sticks all on my own, I can leather gear until my hearts content “........how wron

There’s just not enough to give a dog anything like a decent amount of work mate......not proper work. I just can’t find the heart for it, bumping into the odd things is no good for a dog....a do

1 hour ago, jetro said:

And the meat left to waste 

Atb j 

I think wild boar ? are culled in the FOD, be interesting to look into what does happen to the meat, think even if it was given to elderly and homeless people it’s far more respectful than incinerating it, I have no qualms about killing anything but there has to be good reason and respect given when you take a life I,d even finish a pedo off with the minimum suffering  ?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Another sad thing is that if the authorities ever did decide to get serious about culling deer, for public safety, it'd probably cost hundreds of thousands, would be regulated to f**k and be done entirely by professional contractors.

ie the badger cull....

Maybe THL Should start a professional culling service then everyone could have a go, or even better a charity that’s were the money is, we could help the deer, feed the old and useless make a shit load of money and be loved by everyone ?? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
58 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I think wild boar ? are culled in the FOD, be interesting to look into what does happen to the meat, think even if it was given to elderly and homeless people it’s far more respectful than incinerating it, I have no qualms about killing anything but there has to be good reason and respect given when you take a life I,d even finish a pedo off with the minimum suffering  ?

Of course, respect nature and your quarry. Yes, the wild boar and further deer culls should be given to the elderly, homeless orphans ect ect, but I bet there is some rubbish rules that say I can't be done.

Much like the fishing industry, the amount of fish that is dumped is scandalous. 

Atb j 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

I was with you until your very last sentence G. Personally, I'd inflict as much pain and suffering that's possible to the vile wastes of oxygen!

• Like 3

At the moment there is a glut of venison , prices are at the lowest I’ve ever seen them ..I was quoted 75p lb before Christmas ( when the price usually is at its best ) that is reallydog meat money ...most non hunting shooting fishing types haven't got a clue about game meat and wouldn’t even try it let alone buy it ..their happy with bland factory reared chicken wrapped in polystyrene and cling film ..

The big supermarkets are bringing venison in from NZ , I think this year it’s up around 5-7 thousand tons , sadly the supermarkets aren’t interested in our wild sourced deer because they have no real control of the logistics ..

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I'm not for one second suggesting that the Gov could enact a policy of public land like in other countries. But, IF the landowners let keen lads crack on then I expect the deer would be culled and they would be just fine for it.

So much absolute nonsense surrounds deer and rifles on this island.

You will not be surprised to learn I AM in favour of public land ownership.? The Highlands are owned by a few absent non Scots, who, since victorian times have used it as their their private sporting theme park. The SNP are talking bolshie about redistributing land to we peasants. The sooner the better. Trees need to grow here, wolves and lynx reintroduced. It would cost next to nothing to compensate farmers  for their losses. Let's face it they are massively subsidised anyway. They are compensated at the moment for sea eagle lamb predation and they do well out of it. Would love to see bonnie Scotland re-wilded.?

7 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

You will not be surprised to learn I AM in favour of public land ownership.? The Highlands are owned by a few absent non Scots, who, since victorian times have used it as their their private sporting theme park. The SNP are talking bolshie about redistributing land to we peasants. The sooner the better. Trees need to grow here, wolves and lynx reintroduced. It would cost next to nothing to compensate farmers  for their losses. Let's face it they are massively subsidised anyway. They are compensated at the moment for sea eagle lamb predation and they do well out of it. Would love to see bonnie Scotland re-wilded.?

:laugh: No I’m not surprised. I love the idea of public land but I’m not sure I’m in favour of forced buy up by the state in the UK. Especially given that they’re a bunch of f***ing antis anyway. :laugh:

But aye, ideologically I support the concept of public ownership.

18 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

And me and 8m not even a Scot 

17 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

You don’t really think if the SNP kick out the absent land owners they will actually let the ordinary man loose on it to hunt fish and shoot ..they might plant some trees but like any government they will won’t control over it ..Are the SNP field sport minded ? From my limited knowledge they are anti dog work and anti grouse shooting ..The only people they would encourage would seem to be the ramblers ...

It’s typical of the modern world! Wait until it’s a problem before we sort it out. And by that time the solution is expensive...

A sensible ongoing solution is required here!! And there are more than enough that would do it for free but red tape and bull sheeite gets involved and it’s left to some eejits with no clue on the subject to waste time discussing it in London 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, sussex said:

You don’t really think if the SNP kick out the absent land owners they will actually let the ordinary man loose on it to hunt fish and shoot ..they might plant some trees but like any government they will won’t control over it ..Are the SNP field sport minded ? From my limited knowledge they are anti dog work and anti grouse shooting ..The only people they would encourage would seem to be the ramblers ...

No you are right sussex. The SNP are not sympathetic to field sports.,

Why don't they just set up a tag system like they have in the states and Canada.

Say 5 tags per person. That should reduce the population, and generate money at the same time, and everyone get a  fair chance at it.

Atb j 

• Like 2