Common Sense for once.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone should be encouraged. Too much protection of stalking rights and too much industry promoted regulation. f**k all like that in NZ and their reds are doing just fine for it. Id love absolu

Moving to Ireland wrecked my hunting mate.......I was all excited when I was first going to move thinking “out in the sticks all on my own, I can leather gear until my hearts content “........how wron

There’s just not enough to give a dog anything like a decent amount of work mate......not proper work. I just can’t find the heart for it, bumping into the odd things is no good for a dog....a do

20 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Thats gonna go down a treat with the antis..?

Antis  usually come on board when their car is written off in a collision with a deer especially at night time. The number of car accidents involving deer is increasing year on year. It's a major hazard for rural Scots.

Edited by jukel123

Everyone should be encouraged. Too much protection of stalking rights and too much industry promoted regulation. f**k all like that in NZ and their reds are doing just fine for it.

Id love absolutely nothing more than to be pointed at the most wild lump of Scotland and told to “crack on”!

• Like 5
45 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Antis  usually come on board when their car is written off in a collision with a deer especially at night time. The number of car accidents involving deer is increasing year on year. It's a major hazard for rural Scots.

Yesterday on the A140,A14 junction,car up the bank facing the wrong way with a total written off drivers side front end and a huge Fallow pricket dead below it on the verge,must have been terrible for the driver for sure.Mind you i was well pissed off it wouldn't fit in the boot of my motor and thought i'd most likey get nicked if i started chopping it up on the verge to make it fit..:laugh:..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Aye theyre like a fckn plague up there, I was driving thru Glasgow on the [BANNED TEXT] and theyre on the grass verges

I drive from the borders up to the highlands quite often to visit my grandkids. The amount of road kill of deer is phenonemal.  The carcasses are littered along the  roadside. Waste of good meat. 

38 minutes ago, Balaur said:

UK 65million population

NZ 5 million....

It's a big industry in Scotland and I don't think they could sustain demand. Something should be done to promote entry into stalking though and make it more accessible to general population, you do see more courses these days. If I was an avid stalker I'd be contemplating a move to North America or new Zealand....

Virtually no one hunts in the uk. Almost everyone hunts in NZ.

4 hours ago, Balaur said:

UK 65million population

NZ 5 million....

It's a big industry in Scotland and I don't think they could sustain demand. Something should be done to promote entry into stalking though and make it more accessible to general population, you do see more courses these days. If I was an avid stalker I'd be contemplating a move to North America or new Zealand....

dont bother heading this side of the pond

you only get to shoot one deer a year

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ted Newgent said:

dont bother heading this side of the pond

you only get to shoot one deer a year

True, but isn't it one white tail, one moose, elk, mule ect. 

Plus the pigs, bear, and lion also.

Or do I have it wrong.

Atb j 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, jetro said:

True, but isn't it one white tail, one moose, elk, mule ect. 

Plus the pigs, bear, and lion also.

Or do I have it wrong.

Atb j 

Almost correct

it depends if you are prepared to travel

you can buy tags for everything but the zones vary and do the seasons

you could possibly shoot them all

unlimited amounts of pigs

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Balaur said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1545156/Deer-stalking-is-the-new-peoples-sport.html

Admittedly obviously no comparison percentage wise to new Zealand, but you only need a small percentage with the UK pop and the amount of land lost to human habitation. Anyways just don't see a comparison to NZ wilderness.

I'm not for one second suggesting that the Gov could enact a policy of public land like in other countries. But, IF the landowners let keen lads crack on then I expect the deer would be culled and they would be just fine for it.

So much absolute nonsense surrounds deer and rifles on this island.

• Like 4
16 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Virtually no one hunts in the uk. Almost everyone hunts in NZ.

Not only do most folk not hunt but even sadder most of them would not know what to do if you gave them a deer for free, we are so removed from reality it is scary and it’s only taken 40/50 years to happen, as a young boy walking down the road with my air rifle I would have old folk constantly asking for a rabbit or two and the local butcher would take pretty much any animal I could get to the back door un noticed, kids now are actually unaware of were or how most of there meat comes from, it’s just a lump of pink stuff in a polystyrene tray with cling film on that you buy in supermarkets, I strongly agree with ethical vegetarians who could not or would not kill so don’t eat meat, but think all kids should be shown the process of were there meat comes from and how it is raised and prepared so they can at least make up there own minds instead of just following the crowds ✌️✌️

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Greyman said:

Not only do most folk not hunt but even sadder most of them would not know what to do if you gave them a deer for free, we are so removed from reality it is scary and it’s only taken 40/50 years to happen, as a young boy walking down the road with my air rifle I would have old folk constantly asking for a rabbit or two and the local butcher would take pretty much any animal I could get to the back door un noticed, kids now are actually unaware of were or how most of there meat comes from, it’s just a lump of pink stuff in a polystyrene tray with cling film on that you buy in supermarkets, I strongly agree with ethical vegetarians who could not or would not kill so don’t eat meat, but think all kids should be shown the process of were there meat comes from and how it is raised and prepared so they can at least make up there own minds instead of just following the crowds ✌️✌️

Another sad thing is that if the authorities ever did decide to get serious about culling deer, for public safety, it'd probably cost hundreds of thousands, would be regulated to f**k and be done entirely by professional contractors.

ie the badger cull....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1