Shooting Show NEC

morning gents 

Anyone been to this before, any good?

I'm planning on going this year (in the "hands" of the sheep gods!) 

Specifically wondering about prices & potential bargains for sale there? I'm after a NV scope and few other bits. Is there savings to be had or is it bit of a swizz, lull you into the show mentality??

Cheers boys

I just let my wife do the haggling, they usually back down  ?

You can get some good deals but care needs to be taken. I have not been to this show before but the Northern Shooting Show is very good. I may go to this one as we are on holiday when the NSS is on in May.

Phil

I go to the northern one every year and like Dave said the last day is the best to go, I’ve never seen anything so cheap I couldn’t walk away from it, ( it’s a northern thing ?) guns, scopes, nv, thermal are all about the same as shop prices, clothing, pigeon gear and the likes you can get some good deals

• Like 2
Just now, Stavross said:

I go to the northern one every year and like Dave said the last day is the best to go, I’ve never seen anything so cheap I couldn’t walk away from it, ( it’s a northern thing ?) guns, scopes, nv, thermal are all about the same as shop prices, clothing, pigeon gear and the likes you can get some good deals

As I suspected stav, online shopping has virtually done away with the "show price" despite what the vendor may say! I'll probably buy my nv sooner then. Still gonna go for look around the show though & buy more shit I dont need!! 

I am really annoyed to have booked my holiday when the NSS is on because it is a cracking show and I ALWAYS manage to get something at the right price ( one of my weeks is free so cannot really complain and we are staying at Highlodge in Suffolk so plenty of clay shooting, love this place ) . A few of us meet up at the NSS for a chat, lunch or just wander around together which is brilliant and I will miss it this year BUT I am off to see the lads this weekend so I can always catch up at other times.

That reminds me Dave..................................you were supposed to come up and join us there but you didn't, guess you didn't update your passport mate after all.  ?

Just booked a hotel for a couple of nights to stay over while we visit The Game Fair at Ragley Hall in July. The company who took on the mantle with this show have done a bloody good job, a but too good because we can't get booked into our usual hotel as it is sold out.................the price of success. Book very early in two years time, lesson learned.

Phil

Benbhoy, I would have a word with Ian from Blackwood on here, when I was looking he beat everyone else,hands down on price, and it was delivered, next day ! I doubt you will find a better deal at the shows,from what I have seen, yeah some gear can be had cheap, but rarely the nv/thermal stuff

• Like 4
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

As I suspected stav, online shopping has virtually done away with the "show price" despite what the vendor may say! I'll probably buy my nv sooner then. Still gonna go for look around the show though & buy more shit I dont need!! 

It isn't so much online shopping that has had an affect on "show prices" but greedy venue operators. It isn't uncommon for retailers to have to pay three thousand pounds for a table and more if the area is bigger. That sort of outlay plus shutting your business whilst at the show, travel, food and accommodation doesn't allow for goods being sold below retail price, hence why bargains are few and far between.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, David.evans said:

who you meeting ?

big mac . sean , and where

I am going up to see Si Brown and Jimmy as I am wanting to try Si's .223. I was looking at the Howa .223 yesterday in Forest Lodge Guns, Market Rasen, good value and sounds like a popular rifle but we will see.

Phil

• Like 1

Budget Dave.........

I looked at the Tikka Tx3 variations yesterday but they are almost twice the price of the Howa plus then a decent mod / scope which just blows it out of the water for me Dave. I can get a new Howa plus a Wildcat mod for £800 which may not be a Tikka but as I have said before, the pension only goes so far. If funds allowed, I would have a Tikka in a GRS stock and for that matter a GRS on my T1x as well.

I have to put in for a slot on my ticket so a .223 and a .22lr semi while I am at it and may well buy s/h when one comes available at a price that suits me.

Sorry Ben, I am hijacking your thread............................must stop doing that.  ?

Phil 

• Haha 1