Border X lakeland whippet

3 minutes ago, Dougal McGuire said:

So what did you breed and what was the problem

Never bred whippets or whippet Lurchers but used to work actively coursing whippet s when it was legal when younger we used to take these dogs ferreting lamping they were bang on the money if it was there they would catch it. I’ve also worked bedlington whippets over the years our last team consisted of 3 bedlington f1 an a straight whippet my last bedlington whippet wasn’t that good tbh crap on the lamp slow as f**k one gear wonders but she tried but a handy ferreting bitch an busher not much use for any thing else I had a 26tts collie x that could do all these little dogs could do an more with style I’ve come to the conclusion whippet Lurchers are pointless unless they have a bit of size about them to cover ground

• Like 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was Sunday and yea. She is bitten to shit 

What relevance has how good it is at earth work when he wants to cross it with a running dog? It's his bitch and if he wants a leggy type of tyke out of it then crack on bud. Too many on here think th

?? Why I moved to Newmarket  every ones same height as me makes me feel normal ?

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Harry255 said:

Fair play I see what you was saying he pups where more for me and a few friends who expressed some interest wasnt intending on selling the pups but I see what ya saying

How tall is the bitch H?

12 minutes ago, Dougal McGuire said:

But where the lie. If he putting a whippet over border lakeland it be for nailing rats or rabbits in bits of rough and that x will do his job, cant see him going coursing with it tho

the lie is that there good When there not there talked up by crazy fools only interested in breeding them to sell an the fact you can’t go wrong with whippet x terrier that’s the lie that many have been fooled by my self including  ??‍♂️

2 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Does it make the pups any better if the bitch works underground ? After all a whippet x border Lakeland isn’t going to go to ground... it’s a ratching dog, bred to hunt rabbits ect. I fully understand the bitch has to be a mature dog to breed from.

Depends on what you want from the pups. If the Bitch is good enough to face ground quarry then it brings more to the breeding than just a ratting bitch.

2 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Does it make the pups any better if the bitch works underground ? After all a whippet x border Lakeland isn’t going to go to ground... it’s a ratching dog, bred to hunt rabbits ect. I fully understand the bitch has to be a mature dog to breed from.

Well it would help if it had its second teeth before the lining earth dog or no

20 minutes ago, leegreen said:

Depends on what you want from the pups. If the Bitch is good enough to face ground quarry then it brings more to the breeding than just a ratting bitch.

It does mate... if you want a dog to kill 200 rats then go on to root oout something bigger and kill it then you probably wouldn’t buy one of them pups. But for your average Joe who want to kill the odd thing then they would be spot on... When the bitch is old enough to breed.?

• Like 2

In my opinion the bitch should be physically and mentally mature before breeding. As for the bitch going to ground or not, does it make it better or worse than a bedlington terrier to cross with a whippet? 

• Like 3

Wait till the bitch is at least 4/5 Yr old, by then she should of done enough and genuine lads who have seen her in action could be interested..... Nice little x for rat bashing and bushing/ferretting.... If she has killed 100 rats herself in 1 sitting then she's some dog...... That's some good amount of  f***ing bites from the scailies..... Best I've seen killing rats is a little cocker x Russell bitch...... No digging type terrier or other dog for that matter could get close to her..... Kill as many as you can put in front of her..... Seriously impressed me?shame the lad that got her don't come on here no more, sites alot poorer without his contributions imo?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Harry255 said:

This was Sunday and yea. She is bitten to shit 

FB_IMG_1579022473663.jpg

I take it your the little 12 Yr old on the left Harry??? 

Only joking fella?that's some good going for 4 dogs, you lifting sheds, smoker etc for them? 

• Haha 1
Just now, Daniel cain said:

I take it your the little 12 Yr old on the left Harry??? 

Only joking fella?that's some good going for 4 dogs, you lifting sheds, smoker etc for them? 

We had 8 dogs. But 2 where being swapped    and. NAA was a pig farm. Had about thirty bales. That were moved. That's where most of them came from  We  dug and smoked about 70 of em   our final count was 730   and yea. We I work in racing so I'm ment to be small ??

• Like 3
  • Haha 2