eureeekaaa!!!!!

after been house bound for several days due to severe rain and winds,i decided on the spur of the moment to head out to where the goats USED  to be ..and took the 2 kelpie pups and the old dog Sonic and the Saluki bred Lucifer with me for a jaunt ,they too were kennelled up due to the weather,I left late and arrived just before 9 a.m....met the landowner ,had a chat and went on my way..He told me not a goat had he seen in 12 months ,so i was expecting that and no surprise..I threw the 223 over my shoulder and the mutts speeding around ,enjoying their new found freedom ,we hit the roughest spots i could muster to try slow these mad feckers down,up the grassy path and in to the scrub trees,dense rocky outcrops everywhere and a few ridges we hit the open hillside.

IMG_20200112_102633.jpg.0f8c86a21b6ddc39e0163f9b0ce78d79.jpg

across the hill there wasnt a trace of life ,so we trudged for half an hour till we reached the bank that leads to the boundary field,the only field in the area,and i saw a few tracks,something was walking about ,so i carried on and from here on in its a different ball game ,.high ridges and screens of trees ,almost impossible to get through without a swear or curse word every minute from the low lying branches whacking you in the face.....the pups were flying into their new world,theyd never seen any place like this before,they step off a sod and disappear into undergrowth ,and had to scramble or just plain burst their way out ..it was good to see them deal with the unknown,

the black lad wasnt too impressed by the looks of him,like a spoilt child that didnt want to go ,he just loped along ,not showing much interest on the surrounding area.Half way across the rough ground i spotted a very recent and well worn path through the long grass and heather..I started hoping ,we might see something,so i continued on....I had to climb the first ridge of the day and getting up the rocky heather strewn face of it is hard enough when its been dry,but when its been pouring for days non stop ,its downright hard and dangerous..I scrambled,swore as i slipped back down at times and then soaked through ,i scrambled to the top,

IMG_20200112_102709.jpg

IMG_20200112_102703.jpg

• Like 10

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did the cleaning ,and dragged the nice tidy nanny to an open spot and thought id better find the one id shot,the pups were well impressed with the new ''toy'' ,tearing and pulling at it ,as i tried

I was walking closely along the edge ,when i saw sonic freeze,that distinctive stare in to nothingness but you know its not just nothingness,its nothingness with somethingness thrown in ....he froze a

after been house bound for several days due to severe rain and winds,i decided on the spur of the moment to head out to where the goats USED  to be ..and took the 2 kelpie pups and the old dog Sonic a

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Love reading about your Goat adventures Jigsaw it’s been a while I envy the countryside you got there, well done to you and the dogs couldn’t have been easy carrying that lot back to the car. 

I payed for it last night FT,cramps had me jumping around like an irish dancer,f****n pain is unreal lol..entertains the family though 

• Haha 4
9 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I always found plenty of water and packets of crisps, or something salty helps , and to get the shower running hot cold repeat on the calves or wherever....

i drank lots of water afterwards,and a chocolate bar for energy,(i probably needed 4 more lol)..the shower i will try,i was in it 10 minutes after i got home ,boy did i stink from the billy..

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Good read there jigsaw, plenty of meat for the freezer too

yeah butchered today,in the fridge as i write,the billy was only fit for dog meat,which is perfectly fine too