No experience with them mate but they do look a lot of fun. If I was to shoot one of them in my back garden the neighbours would definitely be on the phone to the police. 

I cant even breast a pigeon without them looking at me like I'm hannibal lecter. 

But if I was you I'd probably look at making my own can't be too hard and you will get more enjoyment out of it. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Little Nipper said:

No experience with them mate but they do look a lot of fun. If I was to shoot one of them in my back garden the neighbours would definitely be on the phone to the police. 

I cant even breast a pigeon without them looking at me like I'm hannibal lecter. 

But if I was you I'd probably look at making my own can't be too hard and you will get more enjoyment out of it. 

Yeah modifying the Barnett widow on the cheap is my plan or taking up archery but not wanting it to be a money pit . 

1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Yeah modifying the Barnett widow on the cheap is my plan or taking up archery but not wanting it to be a money pit . 

I got couple bows a good bow you can normally pic up second hand is a buck trail black hawk can pic them up £50 get couple arrows of eBay the fiberglass ones are good for beginners can get 12 for around £14/17 pound , get an old material suitcase from charity shop / tip , fill it with old clothes and spray target on it , 

the big suitcases with wheels on are best as don’t have carry them 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Bit of a bump thread , wondered how people were getting on with these , 

im jacking in my airguns .

thinking of either adding a whisker biscuit or a 2 inch split ring to the forks of a like new black widow .

Either that or im considering the survival bow ?

Air guns look to much like a firearm and will draw you unwanted attention were as I can go shooting with my catty in the local park or city centre and as long as I’m discreet it’s not a problem, these are very easy to convert to arrows, get a cheap whisker biscuit of eBay and take out a screw on the Barnet and pop on the biscuit simples ??

EE2A8A84-0EB2-46BD-82E2-814A82931D97.jpeg

EE701FCA-8CC1-4F66-AD0D-9268388CE17A.jpeg

• Like 3
23 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Bit of a bump thread , wondered how people were getting on with these , 

im jacking in my airguns .

thinking of either adding a whisker biscuit or a 2 inch split ring to the forks of a like new black widow .

Either that or im considering the survival bow ?

Got your name all over it ??

84109EDD-8221-41A2-BB7D-6489A685A52F.jpeg

• Like 2
On 13/01/2020 at 17:12, Greyman said:

Air guns look to much like a firearm and will draw you unwanted attention were as I can go shooting with my catty in the local park or city centre and as long as I’m discreet it’s not a problem, these are very easy to convert to arrows, get a cheap whisker biscuit of eBay and take out a screw on the Barnet and pop on the biscuit simples ??

Any idea of arrow speed that these can generate?

1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

Any idea of arrow speed that these can generate?

Not a clue mate have a look on YouTube an old boy in America called chief aj hunts wild boar with one and claims to have shot a grizzly with it as well, would say you would drop a deer from up a tree in a survival situation ?

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Greyman said:

Not a clue mate have a look on YouTube an old boy in America called chief aj hunts wild boar with one and claims to have shot a grizzly with it as well, would say you would drop a deer from up a tree in a survival situation ?

Plinking ‘eck, I wouldn’t like to face a grizzly armed only with one of those. Maybe he’d been on the moonshine??

• Haha 1
On 13 January 2020 at 17:12, Greyman said:

What length arrows do you use in this?

13 hours ago, Gooner said:

What length arrows do you use in this?

Just went and measured one it’s 31” would say an even longer arrow would work depending on your draw as I can pull these back through the biscuit without really struggling, going to convert one of these next but would probably need much longer arrows  ✌️✌️

7F1E7803-5A3E-4426-85D8-0F1E1BE8FF57.jpeg

• Like 2