Dog dna test

16 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

Must be something along those lines if they work at all as those breeds are in there just missing 2 so id say dogs must just take certain bits of the breeding most people assume that mine is just greyhound not a lurcher I've even been asked how much saluki is in mine ?‍♂️ 

There are strands of d.n.a associated with a particular breed- if a dogs sample has that particular strand in it then it has that breed in it (they don't test the entire genome-just search for these "breed marker" strands).pedigree dogs are nearly all inbred to fuk so it's simple enough with them or 1st x,,but because genes can shift between chromosomes crosses can have unique combinations of genes (strands)that they dont have on file.  A bit like making a cake - for the first few stirs of the wooden spoon ,you can still see that the ingredients are eggs,flower and margarine (or whatever)_ but after half an hour of stirring you wouldn't have a clue.

• Like 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why what u fecking done this time 

Yeah, folk deliberately have dual sired litters and get them tested and registered to the right sire

Ask the yanks in the terrier section lol

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tinytiger said:

There are strands of d.n.a associated with a particular breed- if a dogs sample has that particular strand in it then it has that breed in it (they don't test the entire genome-just search for these "breed marker" strands).pedigree dogs are nearly all inbred to fuk so it's simple enough with them or 1st x,,but because genes can shift between chromosomes crosses can have unique combinations of genes (strands)that they dont have on file.  A bit like making a cake - for the first few stirs of the wooden spoon ,you can still see that the ingredients are eggs,flower and margarine (or whatever)_ but after half an hour of stirring you wouldn't have a clue.

Mate I think you’ve about right in what your saying and about it being a bit like a cake 

19 hours ago, poxon said:

That was my thinking mate they should still be in there I wonder if they dna greyhounds bull blood is still evident in there make up.mate they find out everything with human dna 

A dog will have 20 generations at least! of dilution in a century, humans might possibly only have 3. Worth a thought.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, tinytiger said:

1 hour ago, BlackDynamite said:

You only take half of each parents genes so if a part of the breeding doesn't show maybe this is why

Screenshot_20200113-165017.png

:shok: