Dog dna test

14 minutes ago, TOMO said:

shes a nice bitch ....but I don't think her being collie cross is obviuose......

that's not to say I don't belive you.....im sure you know the dogs origins perectly.....just shows you how these companys are conning folk

Cheers mate Was she’s fat as a pig now in retirement. Everyone that see her in person guesses straight away she’s a collie cross of some sort. These dna places are conning people a good un I might speak to my friend an see if they fancy dna testing there’s an I’ll do my pied bitch there all siblings then do the pups out of there bitch we both have pups out of the same bitch be interesting to see what the outcome is 

• Like 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why what u fecking done this time 

Yeah, folk deliberately have dual sired litters and get them tested and registered to the right sire

Ask the yanks in the terrier section lol

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, tinytiger said:

Mightnt be there anymore (bred out),same as dogs that should be only a small percentage can be a lot more. ( i.e a 3/4 bred collie greyhound can be anything from half n half to 31/32 greyhound in reality)- ,but 3/4 is an average.   The maths in plummers lurcher breeding books was utter bullshit 

Possibly mate I did think on the lines of that the collie could be bred out my self but collie brain power is still there an willingness to learn new things this bitch was really clever learned new things quick she was constructed tough as old boots her feet we’re good as well I’m led to believe greyhounds are thick as pig shit an have poor feet 

5 minutes ago, poxon said:

Possibly mate I did think on the lines of that the collie could be bred out my self but collie brain power is still there an willingness to learn new things this bitch was really clever learned new things quick she was constructed tough as old boots her feet we’re good as well I’m led to believe greyhounds are thick as pig shit an have poor feet 

Confused I am d 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Think percentages/maths are a load of shite with dogs. But surely the breeds are still in the DNA no matter how little? Seem to be able to find out all sorts with human DNA 

That was my thinking mate they should still be in there I wonder if they dna greyhounds bull blood is still evident in there make up.mate they find out everything with human dna 

2 hours ago, poxon said:

One of our friends who had a pup out of my gear to train up as a assistants/obedience dog an general sporting dog thought she’d use embark dna test to do her dog just to see for curiosity the dna results came back

61.6 greyhound

26.1 bedlington terrier 

12.3 whippet 

the dam to this dog is bred collie greyhound deerhound greyhound whippet greyhound she’s line bred so closely related both sides of her breeding her breeding is 100% accurate as a detailed pedigree as been kept since 1986 when the original f1 collie greyhound was bought from Hancocks kennel we even know who owned the original collie used there’s been no fuckery along the way as the person who bred my bitch is very trusted 

the sire to this dog is a f1 bedlington x greyhound we don’t know the bedlingtons lines or the greyhounds lines the owner bought it as a f1 as that’s what he wanted an had no interest in lines all we know is this dog was a real trooper in the field the real deal working bedlington x greyhound 

im just confuse how these dna test work and how much people are getting conned they can’t be accurate at all because deerhound or collie was not present in the results yet we know it’s definitely in there because I own the collie x dam ??‍♂️
picture below is of the dam you can clearly see it’s collie blooded 

7EFC631F-BCFD-4A8C-97D4-625A9553C082.jpeg

Could be that some take bits and so.e take it all as if you stood our 2 next to each other and said there litter mates people probably wouldn't believe us 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Could be that some take bits and so.e take it all as if you stood our 2 next to each other and said there litter mates people probably wouldn't believe us 

I was wondering something on the lines of that because Lurchers to lurchers don’t breed true to type unless kept tight bred for a long time they start to breed true i was wondering weather these dna test are like chart done they just Match colour to colour an that’s how it’s done just like a fish tank water test kit 

20 minutes ago, poxon said:

I was wondering something on the lines of that because Lurchers to lurchers don’t breed true to type unless kept tight bred for a long time they start to breed true i was wondering weather these dna test are like chart done they just Match colour to colour an that’s how it’s done just like a fish tank water test kit 

Must be something along those lines if they work at all as those breeds are in there just missing 2 so id say dogs must just take certain bits of the breeding most people assume that mine is just greyhound not a lurcher I've even been asked how much saluki is in mine ?‍♂️ 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Must be something along those lines if they work at all as those breeds are in there just missing 2 so id say dogs must just take certain bits of the breeding most people assume that mine is just greyhound not a lurcher I've even been asked how much saluki is in mine ?‍♂️ 

More than 1 person asked me if I race my whippets ? but Fred's 26 inch 

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

I recon so I hope you started realing out the names like big John x little bell x wolfie ????‍♂️

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Black neck said:

More than 1 person asked me if I race my whippets ? but Fred's 26 inch 

That’s funny mate because the dam to this dog that was dna tested is a 26tts whippet if there percentages are true ??‍♂️?? biggest whippet I’ve ever seen the collie an deerhound must of fell out it’s ass running gear

22 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

Personally I don't think they work I think they are used as a tool from the likes of the rspca to prove if you have a legal dog or not if it's a pedigree then it's pedigree if it's a mongrel it's a mongrel who knows what has been put in there over years and years like ours mate 5 dogs in there say if we bred with another dog with 5 or 6 breeds in the dog then I don't see how the feck they could pull all them dogs out of it on a DNA test 

true mate, it was prob to tell, if the dogs in question, were apbt, or  staffxs , and like been said , if they ask for pic of the certain dog, other breeds, most people with bit of savy   ,  can tell with in reason, what gone in the breeds . like not so long back, a girl i see few times with her 2 dogs, one deff a whippet = size/ structure , the other dog, deff got drop of saluki in it , it taller , ear carriage saluki  , it smooth  and bit bigger than whippet . i told her it got saluki in  prob  3/4 whippet . she had the dna , done  and only 2 breeds in it, i told  and i could save her few quid  lol , i told her what she got what they used call a long dog.;)

4 minutes ago, bird said:

true mate, it was prob to tell, if the dogs in question, were apbt, or  staffxs , and like been said , if they ask for pic of the certain dog, other breeds, most people with bit of savy   ,  can tell with in reason, what gone in the breeds . like not so long back, a girl i see few times with her 2 dogs, one deff a whippet = size/ structure , the other dog, deff got drop of saluki in it , it taller , ear carriage saluki  , it smooth  and bit bigger than whippet . i told her it got saluki in  prob  3/4 whippet . she had the dna , done  and only 2 breeds in it, i told  and i could save her few quid  lol , i told her what she got what they used call a long dog.;)

Ever see a red setter x greyhound. Would fool any saluki enthusiast

• Like 1