Dog dna test

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why what u fecking done this time 

Yeah, folk deliberately have dual sired litters and get them tested and registered to the right sire

Ask the yanks in the terrier section lol

Posted Images

Personally I don't think they work I think they are used as a tool from the likes of the rspca to prove if you have a legal dog or not if it's a pedigree then it's pedigree if it's a mongrel it's a mongrel who knows what has been put in there over years and years like ours mate 5 dogs in there say if we bred with another dog with 5 or 6 breeds in the dog then I don't see how the feck they could pull all them dogs out of it on a DNA test 

• Like 1

I think embark are reputed to be fairly accurate, others not worth a shite from what I can see. The European Plummer chairman gets his tested with viaguard (the ones that ask for a picture)_ the results are comedy gold.

Edited by tinytiger
Spelling mistakes
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

surly theres places out there doing it proper....

what if you had a mixed litter with two or even 3 sires....could they do blood tests to prove which pup belonged to which sire???

Yes same as they do on people 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gilbey said:

Yeah, folk deliberately have dual sired litters and get them tested and registered to the right sire

There was a coursing greyhound litter a few years ago that were dual sired,the ones off the dog that jumped the fence were a lot better than the ones by the number 1 stud dog.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One of our friends who had a pup out of my gear to train up as a assistants/obedience dog an general sporting dog thought she’d use embark dna test to do her dog just to see for curiosity the dna results came back

61.6 greyhound

26.1 bedlington terrier 

12.3 whippet 

the dam to this dog is bred collie greyhound deerhound greyhound whippet greyhound she’s line bred so closely related both sides of her breeding her breeding is 100% accurate as a detailed pedigree as been kept since 1986 when the original f1 collie greyhound was bought from Hancocks kennel we even know who owned the original collie used there’s been no fuckery along the way as the person who bred my bitch is very trusted 

the sire to this dog is a f1 bedlington x greyhound we don’t know the bedlingtons lines or the greyhounds lines the owner bought it as a f1 as that’s what he wanted an had no interest in lines all we know is this dog was a real trooper in the field the real deal working bedlington x greyhound 

im just confuse how these dna test work and how much people are getting conned they can’t be accurate at all because deerhound or collie was not present in the results yet we know it’s definitely in there because I own the collie x dam ??‍♂️
picture below is of the dam you can clearly see it’s collie blooded 

7EFC631F-BCFD-4A8C-97D4-625A9553C082.jpeg

• Like 1

shes a nice bitch ....but I don't think her being collie cross is obviuose......

that's not to say I don't belive you.....im sure you know the dogs origins perectly.....just shows you how these companys are conning folk

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, poxon said:

One of our friends who had a pup out of my gear to train up as a assistants/obedience dog an general sporting dog thought she’d use embark dna test to do her dog just to see for curiosity the dna results came back

61.6 greyhound

26.1 bedlington terrier 

12.3 whippet 

the dam to this dog is bred collie greyhound deerhound greyhound whippet greyhound she’s line bred so closely related both sides of her breeding her breeding is 100% accurate as a detailed pedigree as been kept since 1986 when the original f1 collie greyhound was bought from Hancocks kennel we even know who owned the original collie used there’s been no fuckery along the way as the person who bred my bitch is very trusted 

the sire to this dog is a f1 bedlington x greyhound we don’t know the bedlingtons lines or the greyhounds lines the owner bought it as a f1 as that’s what he wanted an had no interest in lines all we know is this dog was a real trooper in the field the real deal working bedlington x greyhound 

im just confuse how these dna test work and how much people are getting conned they can’t be accurate at all because deerhound or collie was not present in the results yet we know it’s definitely in there because I own the collie x dam ??‍♂️
picture below is of the dam you can clearly see it’s collie blooded 

7EFC631F-BCFD-4A8C-97D4-625A9553C082.jpeg

Mightnt be there anymore (bred out),same as dogs that should be only a small percentage can be a lot more. ( i.e a 3/4 bred collie greyhound can be anything from half n half to 31/32 greyhound in reality)- ,but 3/4 is an average.   The maths in plummers lurcher breeding books was utter bullshit 

Edited by tinytiger
  • Like 2