Smart Motorways & Technology

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A freedom of information request by BBC Panarama has revelled 38 deaths attributed to smart motorways in the last five years , one section , just outside London has seen a twenty fold increase in near

Ford Cortina mk 4 ?

Posted Images

3 hours ago, king said:

Yea.spanner monkey or grease monkey is a fast fading name..

A soil redistribution and stabilisation technician.Sounds quite good.

But it's just a dozer driver lol..

To many nonsence names about for jobs nowadays gnasher..

A few years ago I went into a supermarket and saw a young member of staff wearing the badge Twilight Manager. I asked him is he could extend the twilight for a couple of hours as I was hoping to do a bit of fly-fishing after work. He had no idea what I was talking about so I reckon he wasn't a Twilight Manager after all. 

• Haha 2
On 12/01/2020 at 21:07, twobob said:

No such thing as smart motorway either gnasher just another way to screw money out of motorists

All the m5 around Bristol has had millions spent on it, all it is basically they want to do away with the hard shoulder so we have an overhead gantry every couple of hundred yards fitted with speed cameras and variable speed limits plus you are aloud to use the hard shoulder when it is lit up, on the local news last night there is a  campaign started up to abolish it due to the amount of people that have been killed when they are sat in the middle of the road broken down so as you say bob not that smart and a good way of raising money, the favourite trick is to have all the gantrys flashing up 60 then one flashing at 50 which catch’s loads of people who have got used to travelling at 60 ??????

• Like 2
5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

? Half the battle with a lot of this technology is finding out how to turn it off !

This one has the capability for Voice Command Personal Assistant which by tracking your face can assess your mood and emotions,drowsiness,road rage and other potential safety issues....but what comes hand in hand with this is Facial Recognition Engine Start...... it seems a dangerous combination as ive got a terrible feeling its going to end up saying " f**k off you ugly c**t im not starting " ?

one of me mums mates bought a swanky merc last year.. it was the best thing since sliced bread the day they bought it, 

next time she saw her she had a different car.. it wouldn't shut up and did her head in so it was sold with less than 200 mile on and less than two weeks old:laugh:

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

All the m5 around Bristol has had millions spent on it, all it is basically they want to do away with the hard shoulder so we have an overhead gantry every couple of hundred yards fitted with speed cameras and variable speed limits plus you are aloud to use the hard shoulder when it is lit up, on the local news last night there is a  campaign started up to abolish it due to the amount of people that have been killed when they are sat in the middle of the road broken down so as you say bob not that smart and a good way of raising money, the favourite trick is to have all the gantrys flashing up 60 then one flashing at 50 which catch’s loads of people who have got used to travelling at 60 ??????

they had there chance when they started building the motorways in the 60s/70s/80s they should of built them as 4 lanes a side not 3.

so much for the motorway planners thinking ahead ey...

4 hours ago, Greyman said:

Came back from fishing last year off the a 19 onto M62 Sunday teatime it's down to 50 report of people on motor way gets to Leeds on 62 still the same 50 it must be 14 mile never seen a fxcking thing must have been Ethiopian road racing team

• Haha 1
On 12/01/2020 at 07:25, Balaur said:

I bought a Volvo still needs a lot of work, but it's a battle with manufacturers, luckily my mate is good with car and has a ramp, but for him to do the timing alone required two special spanners (which he had me make) and a 300n torque wrench, plus he has to plug in diagnostics which needs updating. When it comes to the air con fan the tool alone is £65 and it's behind the dash got to take have the car apart to get at it. Plus even when you put the reg in often there's half a dozen parts to chose from, covers and clip are held on with a myriad of different fixing from Allen, star , can't remember the other ones, the days of tinkering are numbered....

I have an old 2001 volvo v70, and to change a rear brake light bulb is a twatbastard, you need the hands of a small child and the strength of a lowland gorilla to get in and twist the holder out. The writing was on the wall back then.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, twobob said:

Came back from fishing last year off the a 19 onto M62 Sunday teatime it's down to 50 report of people on motor way gets to Leeds on 62 still the same 50 it must be 14 mile never seen a fxcking thing must have been Ethiopian road racing team

4 hours ago, Greyman said:

Came back from fishing last year off the a 19 onto M62 Sunday teatime it's down to 50 report of people on motor way gets to Leeds on 62 still the same 50 it must be 14 mile never seen a fxcking thing must have been Ethiopian road racing team work in Sheffield abit that's all smart motorway it was down to 50 surface water the would be it wo fxcking raining hardly anything on the motorway

9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Hows that you mean through speeding fines ?

Ye same as grayman says they have em at 50 next one's 40 down to 30 and you never see a thing no incident no fxckall they have camaras watching the traffic flow why don't they just look on them they would see the wasn't a problem and let the motorway run at 70

38 minutes ago, talt said:

I have an old 2001 volvo v70, and to change a rear brake light bulb is a twatbastard, you need the hands of a small child and the strength of a lowland gorilla to get in and twist the holder out. The writing was on the wall back then.

M reg Toyota lucida had to remove the whole head light out the car to change a indicator bulb everything was rusted up and brittle plastic ? 

What your all missing with the speed limits dropping and nothing to be seen, ...they are slowing the traffic down miles from either an incident, accident, obstruction or jam, and the reasoning behind it is stop loads of traffic pilling in at 70 and causing more gridlock.

It does work, we just can’t see it from the drivers seat.

and of course to fine those not paying attention and make a few bucks, simple answer to that is you should be paying attention.

Never had a speeding ticket on the motorway and I do Adair few motorway miles meadowhall stretch at Sheffield four lanes after 3oclock it's 50 doesn't matter if it's rammed or not  couple of miles past it's down to 3 lanes and up to 70 I don't think thes owt smart about that going down that way one morning it's down to 50 incident on motorway  the van and trailor where 100 yard short of joining the fxcking  motorway so why siow it it's bollocks

9 hours ago, twobob said:

Never had a speeding ticket on the motorway and I do Adair few motorway miles meadowhall stretch at Sheffield four lanes after 3oclock it's 50 doesn't matter if it's rammed or not  couple of miles past it's down to 3 lanes and up to 70 I don't think thes owt smart about that going down that way one morning it's down to 50 incident on motorway  the van and trailor where 100 yard short of joining the fxcking  motorway so why siow it it's bollocks

That's where I got a ticket going past meadoewhell

14 hours ago, Rabid said:

What your all missing with the speed limits dropping and nothing to be seen, ...they are slowing the traffic down miles from either an incident, accident, obstruction or jam, and the reasoning behind it is stop loads of traffic pilling in at 70 and causing more gridlock.

It does work, we just can’t see it from the drivers seat.

and of course to fine those not paying attention and make a few bucks, simple answer to that is you should be paying attention.

Fed ?