Hunting .with the 177 cal.

I never really gave the jsb heavies much barrel time in the 100 or r10 mark but the 100 bloody loved biz mags and thats all i fed her for a long time and they worked a treat. The 99 is more than happy with field diablos. I have tried the express but its just a personal thing with the fd's, ive got lots of confidence in em?

• Like 4

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never really gave the jsb heavies much barrel time in the 100 or r10 mark but the 100 bloody loved biz mags and thats all i fed her for a long time and they worked a treat. The 99 is more than happy

I dont think you can beat an hw100 mate, iv had plenty of different pcp's but only have them a few months then get ridd, iv had this hw100 kt  since new, about 2 years, before that i had a full length

use to use the heavies loads till I started shooting around livestock, used them and biz mags as both are good when your stretching the range! problem was pass throughs and ricochets .. not a pro

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mattwhite said:

I never really gave the jsb heavies much barrel time in the 100 or r10 mark but the 100 bloody loved biz mags and thats all i fed her for a long time and they worked a treat. The 99 is more than happy with field diablos. I have tried the express but its just a personal thing with the fd's, ive got lots of confidence in em?

got to confess matt, dont think ive ever shot anything that didn't like aa fields.. there like a work in any riffle even pellet fussy ones!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, si brown said:

got to confess matt, dont think ive ever shot anything that didn't like aa fields.. there like a work in any riffle even pellet fussy ones!

I thought the same until I picked up this latest HW. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark.

I use 4.51mm JSB Heavies in my .177 Daystate/Airtech regulated Regal.

These are superb hunting-weight pellets and amazingly accurate and consistent in this rifle. The knock-down power retained in the JSB pellet is great and a humane pest killer.

All I want is a humane, instant-killing shot to the head of a rabbit, rat squirrel, whatever vermin.

After experiencing some awful moments where rabbits have escaped, screaming in agony into undergrowth to eventually die hidden away and unfound, despite a positive hit into the head or heart and lungs from lightweight .177 pellets, I remain dedicated to shooting .22 for hunting.

But, I have had no such disadvantages with JSB Heavy. 177. Every shot produces the right result. Instant switch-off. And makes my Daystate a very effective and reliable hunting multi shot rifle.

I would never go back to using anything less than these now.

Best regards.

Simon.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, pianoman said:

Hi Mark.

I use 4.51mm JSB Heavies in my .177 Daystate/Airtech regulated Regal.

These are superb hunting-weight pellets and amazingly accurate and consistent in this rifle. The knock-down power retained in the JSB pellet is great and a humane pest killer.

All I want is a humane, instant-killing shot to the head of a rabbit, rat squirrel, whatever vermin.

After experiencing some awful moments where rabbits have escaped, screaming in agony into undergrowth to eventually die hidden away and unfound, despite a positive hit into the head or heart and lungs from lightweight .177 pellets, I remain dedicated to shooting .22 for hunting.

But, I have had no such disadvantages with JSB Heavy. 177. Every shot produces the right result. Instant switch-off. And makes my Daystate a very effective and reliable hunting multi shot rifle.

I would never go back to using anything less than these now.

Best regards.

Simon.

I confess that despite trying lighter .177 pellets Simon, my best groups were with Bis Mags in the  HW100 and gave me the confidence I never really felt with lighter pellets for hunting.  I also liked the JSB Heavy but for some reason nobody sold them near me so stuck with BS.

Phil

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, philpot said:

I confess that despite trying lighter .177 pellets Simon, my best groups were with Bis Mags in the  HW100 and gave me the confidence I never really felt with lighter pellets for hunting.  I also liked the JSB Heavy but for some reason nobody sold them near me so stuck with BS.

Phil

Hi Phil. 

I buy my JSB Heavy from an Ebay store called Sundon Model Shop. Very good prices and they stock a massive selection of pellets and unusual head sizes. 

If Biz Mags are perfect in your rifle mate, you stick with em. Anything that builds confidence in yourself as well as your kit is not to be discounted.

Best regards Phil.

Simon 

• Thanks 1

JSB Heavy in .177 is perhaps the best compromise between .177 and .20 calibre pellets. 

My Daystate Regal .177 loves em in 4.51mm headsize. They hit hard and are blistering accurate and consistent pellets. Result is always a humanely swift kill.

Never had a problem with over penetration with these, as I have seen with lighter weight .177 pellets.

All the best.

Simon. 

• Like 1

In my hw100 and the one before that i tried  jsb 8.4 which didnt group well at all, also jsb heavies which were a lot better but still didnt group as good as the bisley mags, so bisley mags are the pellets i always use and their spot on at short and long range shots, if i know im shooting all short range shots on an outing like in barns or sheds il use bisley pest control hollow points their great for that job for anything from 5 to 30 yards

• Like 2
1 hour ago, big napper said:

In my hw100 and the one before that i tried  jsb 8.4 which didnt group well at all, also jsb heavies which were a lot better but still didnt group as good as the bisley mags, so bisley mags are the pellets i always use and their spot on at short and long range shots, if i know im shooting all short range shots on an outing like in barns or sheds il use bisley pest control hollow points their great for that job for anything from 5 to 30 yards

B n, purely as a hunting/pest control air rifle, how do find the hw100 kt synthetic? Looking to buy one in the nect couple of weeks, but can't find a lot of info?

I dont think you can beat an hw100 mate, iv had plenty of different pcp's but only have them a few months then get ridd, iv had this hw100 kt  since new, about 2 years, before that i had a full length for about 4 years and before that another one,  imo they are the best pcp going for their price, get one mate you wont regret it, 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1