• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some can go deep ABC this was 19m down

?

Had day out found new rock pile on place work a bit dogs was keen tryed my bitch she no rock dog , mates old bitch had look been about but not in , moved on had nice 4 foot dig to old bitch not often

Posted Images

7 hours ago, justdigit said:

To be honest I only have 1 terrier here I’d risk in rocks and I’d probably pick my places a bit with her but the others will never even get walked near them 

Why so you say this? Does the 1 show you something your looking for in the dog  that the others don't? If so what are you looking for  in the dog? Or do you not like the 1 so it wouldn't matter of it makes it out? I know that sounded like being a smart ass but I'm not being one just an honest question. And if the 1 is showing him signs of working rocks just be nice to know what he's looking at and how makes the decision. And what size dog's do you need for the rocks? I would think small wirey dog to get through all those cracks and crevices?‍♂️ and I know  not only would the rocks worry me but f**k the work you guys have to put in. More man than ill ever be. I have a serious question for the dogem that has lost a dog to work if your married, how does your lady's take it?‍♂️ I know mine would not be good with it at all and would hold it on my head forever. Years ago when I didn't have any care in the world and boxed my dog's, (dumbest thing I ever did) my wife wasn't not fond of me and she let me know it everytime. But she is always there to help with taking care of my dog's.  

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Why so you say this? Does the 1 show you something your looking for in the dog  that the others don't? If so what are you looking for  in the dog? Or do you not like the 1 so it wouldn't matter of it makes it out? I know that sounded like being a smart ass but I'm not being one just an honest question. And if the 1 is showing him signs of working rocks just be nice to know what he's looking at and how makes the decision. And what size dog's do you need for the rocks? I would think small wirey dog to get through all those cracks and crevices?‍♂️ and I know  not only would the rocks worry me but f**k the work you guys have to put in. More man than ill ever be. I have a serious question for the dogem that has lost a dog to work if your married, how does your lady's take it?‍♂️ I know mine would not be good with it at all and would hold it on my head forever. Years ago when I didn't have any care in the world and boxed my dog's, (dumbest thing I ever did) my wife wasn't not fond of me and she let me know it everytime. But she is always there to help with taking care of my dog's.  

Basically she won’t stay for ever if the quarry won’t bolt. She won’t push on and try as hard as a decent earthdog and she not likely to get herself hurt especially if there is something else home. To me size and shape isn’t as important as working style and attitude 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, sid g said:

abc i`m impressed with the new you ...:thumbs:

Lol, not a new me. Like I said it's just the peddlers and paper pushers over here that I can't stand. Nothing to do with anyone else buddy. And moving earth is one thing but working the  rock piles and have to move them is crazy but at the same  time impressive. Way to much for me. 

• Like 5
22 hours ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Lol, not a new me. Like I said it's just the peddlers and paper pushers over here that I can't stand. Nothing to do with anyone else buddy. And moving earth is one thing but working the  rock piles and have to move them is crazy but at the same  time impressive. Way to much for me. 

The art of working rocks is in breeding a rock working terrier so you don't have to move the rocks :thumbs:..

• Like 2
On 10/01/2020 at 19:34, justdigit said:

3 days digging with a 25 ton machine and took 2 days to back fill. Lifted some rock out the same size as a truck 

5118290F-301D-4C22-9A8B-5692D02241A9.jpeg

Bloody amazing!! Fair play to all involved ?. Hope you got dog out alive & well. Atb

• Like 1
On 17/01/2020 at 09:39, Rat face said:

Yeah bud the dog was alive and well. It was only a few feet away form the bottom of that dig but it still took another day to get it out 

Now that's where special people acted to do by right. Priceless

• Like 2
  • 10 months later...

New team .. two young pups an a adult .. roll on next season really missed not working the rocks last season  ,, dident really think I’d be without  rock dog or a lurcher mad how shit happens 

7A0BF0DB-6BFC-4A55-8115-B6895E2ABADB.png

FB163804-25B5-4EC3-B2E3-43FBE414DDDC.jpeg

Edited by ziggy
  • Like 11