On the rocks

Had day out found new rock pile on place work a bit dogs was keen tryed my bitch she no rock dog , mates old bitch had look been about but not in , moved on had nice 4 foot dig to old bitch not often she get dug to as she a bolting dog for rocks pic of the rock pile 20200109_084343.jpg.c2194ccf01719e3a4473ec76e6bfd94d.jpg

• Like 14

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some can go deep ABC this was 19m down

?

Had day out found new rock pile on place work a bit dogs was keen tryed my bitch she no rock dog , mates old bitch had look been about but not in , moved on had nice 4 foot dig to old bitch not often

Posted Images

Never worked a rock pile like that before and was wondering if the dog is way down and inside the pile how do you get to it if the rock is to big to be removed by man or situated in a tight weird position that could cause all to cave in by moving it?‍♂️ and I'm gonna assume you really need to understand the Rock's, meaning how to move them so they don't cause more of a problem when being moved.  And what kind a dog would you use for Rock's? I would think a real strong Bayer maybe? I would think a banger could get himself in a lot of trouble ?‍♂️

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Never worked a rock pile like that before and was wondering if the dog is way down and inside the pile how do you get to it if the rock is to big to be removed by man or situated in a tight weird position that could cause all to cave in by moving it?‍♂️ and I'm gonna assume you really need to understand the Rock's, meaning how to move them so they don't cause more of a problem when being moved.  And what kind a dog would you use for Rock's? I would think a real strong Bayer maybe? I would think a banger could get himself in a lot of trouble ?‍♂️

There's dogs for jobs the bitch we use is a good bolting dog ,  rocks all about the bolt as most can't be dug my mates bitch will stay hour or two if don't bolt she will come out drop back in most times get your bolt or some rock dogs will kill fox in , dogs can be lost in rock never tobe seen again , most stay away from rock piles as can be hard going dog in for days or weeks , not all terriers can work rock take a lot to work out an find in big piles or not built for the job 

• Like 4

I have done but I wouldn’t  do it anymore either, but there’s some sport you walk past if you don’t. Few rock spots at home and the lads who braved them would be getting many more foxes than the lads checking earths. Respect to the lads who do it!

• Like 1

An old fella near me says if you like getting foxes work rocks if you like your dog’s don’t lol.

my old man worked rock all his life and only ever lost one dog, I’ve dug two dead this month in earths! Just goes to show you can loose a dog anytime you put it to ground.

• Like 6
18 minutes ago, Rat face said:

An old fella near me says if you like getting foxes work rocks if you like your dog’s don’t lol.

my old man worked rock all his life and only ever lost one dog, I’ve dug two dead this month in earths! Just goes to show you can loose a dog anytime you put it to ground.

When ever you let dog to ground be it rock earths drains or old dumps always a chance you can loose your dog 

• Like 2