fires in Australia

33 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

its feckin horrific to watch ,poor b*****ds ,humans and animals

Not trying to trivialise it jig, but the report said climate scientists have long predicted these bushfires, but nothing was done. I agree with you, its terrible

• Like 1

A massive and worldwide human population reduction is the only answer. As a species we have zero hope of achieving this without wreaking further damage to the planet. Mother nature will provide the answer in the next century or so with a plague of beyond even biblical proportions. Just saying...

10 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

A massive and worldwide human population reduction is the only answer. As a species we have zero hope of achieving this without wreaking further damage to the planet. Mother nature will provide the answer in the next century or so with a plague of beyond even biblical proportions. Just saying...

Been saying it for years. She will hit the reset button, only a few will be left. 

Atb j 

• Like 1

My lad was telling me about a bloke who did a controlled burn on his own land and got fined thousands of dollars.....his property is now the only one still standing in that area. 

Same on our local moors....'environmentalists' campaigning against Heather burning....then the whole lot goes up cos a re wilded area allows the fire to gain traction. 

• Like 1

I was there in November, before it got real bad. I was sat on the balcony of my hotel room enjoying the morning sun and there were tiny flakes of 'snow' falling. Not enough to dust anything and no smell of smoke but ash nonetheless!

I had some meetings 20-30 stories up in the central business district and you got a fantastic view over the city. You could see the haze caused by the smoke.

Pretty shit seeing the clips of koalas burning.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

They should of raked out their forests......... the fins don’t have this problem!

Finland is no where as hot and dry as Australia.

I used to be in email contact with a bloke up near Laureton .  A few years ago there was a bad burn like this and I was concerned for him.  He was ok but he said that it had been caused by the policy of no burning to clear the scrub.  Basically it was like they had built houses in the middle of a wood of highly flammable trees with a lot of underscrub. These fires are nothing new out there.  the trouble is that the area is so vast that it is incomprehensible to us in this country.  Its not just the wildlife it's the farming and animals.  The other day I read that they are going to cull something like 20,000 wild camels because they are drinking too much water.  teams of shooters are going to shoot from helicopters and the camels are just going to be left to dry out before they collect what's left for disposal.  that's pretty harsh and a snapshot of human behaviour.  How much is that removed from culling excess human populations if there was a natural catastrophe like a massive volcanic eruption that blanked out the sun for months ect.