Investing £1 million.....

3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Absolutely right....local councillors and town planners are making serious bunce these days giving a nod and a wink of what the future holds.

You buy a plot of crappy little lock up garages on the edge of a town to develop in your own time and 18 months later Berkeleys do you a compulsory purchase price 5 x what you paid.....everyones a winner.

Can't fault 5x gnasher ?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My daughter now earns around 60k and rising after a simular sum was spent on her education mate seems a lot at the start but it’s a good investment in the long run, and for an uneducated council estat

So......just to be clear.........you are asking a bunch of absolute retards off this forum for advice on investing a million quid?    The best advice you will get tonight is this...... We

I rocked up from two disabled parents and a council estate. I was lucky. Why? Because my family pushed me. I push her but I lift her. She knows it, that's all that matters to me ? when I hit the coffi

Posted Images

Just now, gnasher16 said:

Absolutely right....local councillors and town planners are making serious bunce these days giving a nod and a wink of what the future holds.

You buy a plot of crappy little lock up garages on the edge of a town to develop in your own time and 18 months later Berkeleys do you a compulsory purchase price 5 x what you paid.....everyones a winner.

Old garden centre... buy them, demolish and get planning.... like you say 5 to 7 times your investment...

Or build out yourself...

We're doing 33 units this year for 1 developer and have 2 plots we're building out as JV, plan to keep a couple of units as rentals ourselves.... 

With all the house building going on people need places of work, small start up units are cheap to rent, cheap to buy and fairly cheap/quick to build... there are thousands of new houses and it's a crowded market place... 

1 minute ago, sid g said:

depends how you`ve come across it if you started with fook all whats to lose ...so you end up with 30k your still earning dont owe anyone much do you  chuck it at something thats gonna make you a few quid or sit on it  ... depends what your end goal is i guess , were all different with what we want out of life . 

You know my thoughts mate....I'm an all in type... you know the risks in most investments, theres no dead cert...bricks and mortar my old man always said....and I guess in the long term that's right...but you've got to take other risks to have quicker money imo..

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Yep, depends where you are in life as well, I'm recently back in UK after having a go abroad and building a house, contracting away for 3 years, then returning to UK , having to rent then my boy had health probs , we're bloody worn out as a family so the prospect of owning a house and relieving some financial pressure would be amazing. Anyways fresh year and should be easier as kids are happy and healthy in school too and missus has gone back to work and a loan should be gone , so will catch up for rest of year and then have another go. I've never shied away from challenges and changes, but the last few years has kicked the shit out of me, so enjoying the mundane for now.

I made a fair amount on property in my twenties and blew it on travel , women and beer, so there's an element of guilt to catch up and make things more secure for wife and kids, whilst also trying to recoup what time I've missed with them. But I feel excited for other folks and their new ventures and journeys. My folks always strived to improve, and did well in property and business unfortunately the last roll of the dice in business wiped out 30 years of graft and a shit load of capital, they're elderly now but I respect them for having a go and giving me everything as well as a good work ethic. Some of the most successful are those that can take a knock and go again not many entrepreneurs make it first time out. It's also important for youngsters to see people taking chances and grafting to give them some broader horizons and opportunities in life I think.atb Joe 

Very good post mate ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Its my biggest worry keeping my family afloat,gets a bit stressfull,but the one thing i,done 4 yr ago was not owe on the mortgage,sold the f....g lot and bought a big place,put a 4 bed bungaloe in me field.them 2 are my retirement,but mesns,selling and down sizing. prob rent  place later on and enjoy the dollars.all the time im fit ish i will go out to work.its in my blood to chase a bit of money.

1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Realistically. I'd pay off my house and buy the house my dads got sitting empty off him which wouldnt take too much of the million. Buy a better house for us round our way 200k would get you a massive nice place. then rent out the other houses. Whatevers left to splash on designer clothes, family holidays  and dirtbikes. 

Dirt bikes are all my 7 year old girl goes on about . I know f**k All about them and I think it’s cause pinks daughter is always on them. 

She cant even clean her room at the minute so she can whistle until she gets her admin sorted ?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Most 50cc quads have a restrictor screw to stop the throttle goin in Too far can be slowed down to walking speed or less. An most have safety cut outs on bars an a lead hanging off back ye can pull out of kid turns into evil kinetil ?

?who the feck is evil kinetil ??

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Balaur said:

What sort of money, I'm thinking probably more than I got ATM and little brother is gonna want one as his bday is 4 weeks after he'll be 4

Suzuki lt 50 quad.a good few on eBay.

If you look after it you won't hardly lose much money.

Xmas time they bring good money..

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Balaur said:

What sort of money, I'm thinking probably more than I got ATM and little brother is gonna want one as his bday is 4 weeks after he'll be 4

Joe I got a colt 50cc,same as suzuki LT, done around 40 hrs, remote control kill switch on a key fob, needs a spark plug and cdi unit, few quid on flea Bay, charge the battery and good to go.... I want £200 for it?

• Like 3