Drug effects.

I know exactly what your talking about pal . 

I used to knock about with a group of slightly older lads when I first started going out . Just after the millennium,  altogether types , well turned out , good clothes , hard working , nice motors. 

Beak came into the scene in a big way about 5 years later and the last two decades has passed them by in a haze of weekends write off and Mondays in bed. 

Seen them all again last year and their a shadow of themselves . Haggard and old looking . Nothing about them . 

f**k that 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a feeling about this lass last saturday so sent her a "are you ok?" message but didn't get a reply,her mother and sister found her sunday morning and she'd taken her own life   .Bless her she'd ev

I’ll tell you something for nowt .  There's nothing more tragic than seeing middle aged men 40 plus with piss tanks wearing polo shirts stinking of joop  coming out of the bogs with eyes like sau

There’s nothing like a good drug thread on thl to get people talking! ? Its human nature to go over top with these things that feel nice,  like anything else...... alcohol, food etc. If you haven

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I know exactly what your talking about pal . 

I used to knock about with a group of slightly older lads when I first started going out . Just after the millennium,  altogether types , well turned out , good clothes , hard working , nice motors. 

Beak came into the scene in a big way about 5 years later and the last two decades has passed them by in a haze of weekends write off and Mondays in bed. 

Seen them all again last year and their a shadow of themselves . Haggard and old looking . Nothing about them . 

f**k that 

About 1999 a friend of mine was in a bad car crash got a bit of damage to face, it was touch an go an he made it through it, he was a few week out of hospital we were having a few cans and he turned around and said he was going to drink himself to death, and he abused himself with drink coke an E, he died a few weeks ago, I went to his wake in his mothers, and I was looking at a few pics of him in his younger days and he was a fine big lump of a fella, and I couldn't remember him like that, the damage he done to himself over the years abusing himself, when I went home I pulled a few old pics out of a few friends to have a look, then when I seen a few of them at the funeral a lot of them looked rough as fcuk coz their out every chance they get, I'm 40 and look better than I ever did, I knocked it all on the head 15 odd years ago, an I was probably the worst out the lot, they could only buy what they could afford or could get on tick, I rarely had to pay for drugs, I was lucky or unlucky that way, it was shocking seen some of them old faces from years ago

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thats fckn sad

i lost two mates

one was 28 coke n beer got him. No one seen him for a few days until they kicked his door in......

another was 38. I watched him drink himself to death. 2 bottles of vodka a day. Didnt take long. They found him in a local park clutching a bottle

5 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

About 1999 a friend of mine was in a bad car crash got a bit of damage to face, it was touch an go an he made it through it, he was a few week out of hospital we were having a few cans and he turned around and said he was going to drink himself to death, and he abused himself with drink coke an E, he died a few weeks ago, I went to his wake in his mothers, and I was looking at a few pics of him in his younger days and he was a fine big lump of a fella, and I couldn't remember him like that, the damage he done to himself over the years abusing himself, when I went home I pulled a few old pics out of a few friends to have a look, then when I seen a few of them at the funeral a lot of them looked rough as fcuk coz their out every chance they get, I'm 40 and look better than I ever did, I knocked it all on the head 15 odd years ago, an I was probably the worst out the lot, they could only buy what they could afford or could get on tick, I rarely had to pay for drugs, I was lucky or unlucky that way, it was shocking seen some of them old faces from years ago

Very sad tales those . And sadly very common also . 

• Like 1

Been enjoying the odd E for over 30 years now .Did my first in 1989 and have got a few to take to Amsterdam this weekend.The quality and purity of the pills that have been about the last couple of years has been consistently as good as or even better than back in the day.Coke Ive never known anything turn perfectly reasonable fun loving people into complete pricks in such a short amount of time.Personally I cant be doing with all these strong strains of weed that are about these days even though I could have an unlimited free supply if I wanted it and I used to smoke it from sunrise till bedtime but I dont mind the odd little spliff of good quality hash every now and then.Ive got mates as well as myself that have been partying for years and most of us are in better shape and look younger than a lot of lads I went to school with that have never done anything.We all have decent jobs,homes and family lifes.I suppose It all just depends on the individual and of course everthing in moderation 

• Like 6
9 hours ago, jukel123 said:

On another thread somebody,suggested  I start a thread on recreational drugs asI am interested in their effects.  Coke, LSD or why. I've never indulged, wrong generation and too conservative lol

. I've always fancied LSD for its supposed mind enhancing effect but have been too scared  to try it as some friends have reported really bad trips. Anybody care to report their experiences.?

It exposes your soul to yourself, if your not 100% happy in yourself and your environment don't bother as there's no going back once taken and every emotion is amplified. Most drugs I've took you have one foot in the real world with LSD at times I completely lost touch with reality. Also I think taking LSD changes your psyche forever even just once.

• Like 5

There’s nothing like a good drug thread on thl to get people talking! ?

Its human nature to go over top with these things that feel nice,  like anything else...... alcohol, food etc. If you haven’t got a cut off point & a generally weak willed person then stay away from drugs, of any sort!

Even in my youth I always gave myself long breaks from doing exctasy, coke, amphetamines etc. I was never that guy who bragged about being at the same clubs every weekend or out 7 days a week. I always had a job & other shit going on in my life that I didn’t want to fcuk up. 

All that said I’ve been in some horrible & embarrasing states that I’d sooner forget, but the pure joyful & great times far far outweigh the bad times. Just in my experiance.

If you’re still doing coke on a regular basis 20+ years on then you are a prick, a chronic bore, someone who lacks imagination with too much cash or have a real problem...... or all of those! ? I’m from a shitty dead end coastal town & I guarantee if I went back there now I’d find plenty of same old pricks doing coke in the same shitty pubs. Almost 50 year olds foaming at the mouth. Fcuking tragic!

Jukel if you are that curious forget LSD mate, try a small dose of psilocybin & take a walk in the country side. I don’t mean a trip, just a small amount to heighten all the senses & give you a different perspective. It’s much more controllable & in a small dose completely harmless. I’ll pop some in the post if you like? ?

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
37 minutes ago, Balaur said:

A mate of mine works in mental health care facility and there's plenty of patients stuck in a trip, or permanently damaged by drugs, some have murdered their own mothers and God knows what else . Psychology damage is quite common. I have done all sorts of drugs whilst pissed up and I'm guilty of abusing alcohol a fair bit, but having to work with contractors chewing their face off and having mental mood swings , sleeping stood up , f**k knows what else. I can't wait to get out the contracting game, I'm having a dry January and beyond, I knocked drinking and smoking on the head this last week whilst at home, was easy, come back to this game away from friends and family with the back stabbing face chewers is like a dark cloud coming over, anyways back on the fags as it gives me a chance to escape them on a 12 HR shift. But change is a coming lol. Moderation is key but it's often a contradiction when it comes to drug and alcohol abuse ...o wait a long time

I always found work  was bad for my mental health. Seriously. Being retired is f****n bliss. 

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

There’s nothing like a good drug thread on thl to get people talking! ?

Its human nature to go over top with these things that feel nice,  like anything else...... alcohol, food etc. If you haven’t got a cut off point & a generally weak willed person then stay away from drugs, of any sort!

Even in my youth I always gave myself long breaks from doing exctasy, coke, amphetamines etc. I was never that guy who bragged about being at the same clubs every weekend or out 7 days a week. I always had a job & other shit going on in my life that I didn’t want to fcuk up. 

All that said I’ve been in some horrible & embarrasing states that I’d sooner forget, but the pure joyful & great times far far outweigh the bad times. Just in my experiance.

If you’re still doing coke on a regular basis 20+ years on then you are a prick, a chronic bore, someone who lacks imagination with too much cash or have a real problem...... or all of those! ? I’m from a shitty dead end coastal town called Hawich & I guarantee if I went back there now I’d find plenty of same old pricks doing coke in the same shitty pubs. Almost 50 year olds foaming at the mouth. Fcuking tragic!

Jukel if you are that curious forget LSD mate, try a small dose of psilocybin & take a walk in the country side. I don’t mean a trip, just a small amount to heighten all the senses & give you a different perspective. It’s much more controllable & in a small dose completely harmless. I’ll pop some in the post if you like? ?

Ha ha you called my bluff. I' m chickening put of the offer mate. I'm happy with my state of mind at the moment and don't want to mess with it.

11 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I always found work  was bad for my mental health. Seriously. Being retired is f****n bliss. 

When I first gave up work to raise the kids, a nosey, but well meaning neighbour came round to warn me about my mental health. I was like “are you fcuking kidding me, it’s great!” ?