I recently tried out shooting tubes for the first time I've always shot flats, have to say they're really not bad I've been using looped 2040s for 9.5mm steel. I like how quick they are to attach to my torque catapult also they're not going to slip like flats if they get wet. I'm not converting I still prefer my flats but tubes do have their advantages especially in the wet. 

My question is though are you suppose to max out tubes like you would with flats? The tubes seem to go flat when maxxed out is that what is needed or would that hinder them in any way? 

1 hour ago, Little Nipper said:

Any particular reason why not other than longevity of the bands?

Also what tubes you shooting, I've only tried the black ones from simple shot I got with my torque, and the green gzk tubes

My fav tubes are 1745 amber or orange dub dub in that order the orange dub dub is good for throwing bigger ammo but for bearings up to 11mm the 1745 Amber is my fav with a third looped ??

C0C44A2E-7659-4434-957D-236D2BFE5A4D.jpeg

• Like 2
18 hours ago, the monkey said:

Who makes the Amber 1745 and is it better than the black?

I just buy natural latex tube the number is made up from the internal and external diameter as in 1.7mm internal and 4.5 external I get it on eBay from China and it’s cheap as chips, but I think most firms like dangkung sell it as 1745 amber tube ??

68CA9DC4-775C-4BB9-94BF-228D1181E686.png

17 hours ago, the monkey said:

Done a bit of research and the Amber is the natural colour ,always loved tubes but found bands faster?

just confused on sizes now. Is the 1745 faster than the 2050.    I use 9.5 steel

2050 will be a bit fatter so should have a bit more umph though your own strength and ammo size also has a bearing I like the 1745 as I find it a nice light draw which makes you a bit more accurate, the pic above shows all the different sizes in there metric form, just take out all the dots and X,s and your left with the number they are sold as by dangkung and other catty firms ✌️