Fishing Comp 2020

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok All Link to Virgin Giving page below: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/THLLuccombesCharityFishingComp Total raised on the night and paid in today was £1438.00 (with gift aid £17

Fukcing excellent weekend again, extra shout out to Daniel Cain who did a 5 hour round trip in a borrowed motor to drop off the pink robe, a bottle, a print and a £100 donation ? Thanks to all at

Missed this picture yesterday, I think it sums the whole weekend up in one go.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Balaur said:

Bob's parting words to me were " you'd better have ee noise in thas pocket, that sounds like f****n baccy." Lmao ? fair play....

No Joe mek a noise like a pack of baccy lol and I will make one like a tin opener

• Haha 2

Ok All

Link to Virgin Giving page below:

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/THLLuccombesCharityFishingComp

Total raised on the night and paid in today was £1438.00 (with gift aid £1785!)

There are a couple of lads to pay in still so we should be close to £1700 in the end, please add gift aid as this will take us over £2k raised.

As always a bloody amazing effort from all, there isn't one person who attends this who doesn't muck in and make it what it is.

This was our 8th year now, and we've raised over £20k in that time for lots of different charities, it is a brilliant effort from everyone.

This year was brilliant, I think everyone has touched on how much people do for this, no one turns up empty handed, whether its adding beers to the industrial size cool boxes (thanks Joe and Robbo), food (thanks everyone but must shout out Joe for his burritos (great effort mate) plus Dan the man and Ken for the best meat around (shame Dan couldn't make it, Ken was like a lost puppy without his carer! lol)

Dytkos wife made kebabs (bloody lovely), Bud made marinaded chicken thighs (bloody lovely!!), Joe set up a cracking shelter, then watched it rip after 20 minutes! lol (great stuff mate).

Arry supplied a box full of pasties, again they were very welcome after a few ciders on the Friday evening, everyone chucked in something whether it was sauces, bread rolls, bacon, burgers etc..... or shit tons of alchol, which is always communal and there for everyone.... that's what makes it really, no one is selfish at all!

A massive thank you to Sean (Daniel Cain) with vehicles blowing up on him and no transport to be able to stay he still made a 5 hour round trip to say hello for a couple of hours, drop off some auction prizes and return the pink dressing gown.... mate that is a massive effort your a top man!

It's definitely getting bigger now with kids and wives attending, I think its better in a lot of ways as about half a dozen youngsters fished it this year (most of them in my swim!! lol) it's great to see, all of them caught well, Geths Oliver is now hooked for life, all of Buds kids cauhght very well, Johnnys kids all caught fish and my two both caught more than me, Luke had a great day and caught well, but I'm sure it was his 2 kids that caught the majority of fish!... Nice to see Tomo's lads enjoying it and Joes little uns will be fishing more no doubt. 

Always great to see old faces, Fenton is always good company and adds to the weekend, he aint into fishing but likes a drink or 20! lol

Sean C, as always once the digging starts the camera comes out!! lol (f**k I'm still hanging from our marathon sesh on the Friday mate!! lol)

Johnny makes the last night and there is no way we would raise half as much withiout the master of ceremony! 

I now know why Bob is called TwoBob.... he does everything twice.... including turning up for the comp!! lol 

Poor old Geth is remortgaging the house to keep up with Olivers new hobby.... you'll be skint forever now mate! lol

Good to see Walshie and Trish, to posh to camp! lol

Also great to meet new faces, Steve (Hambone) enjoyed the comp plus the drinks, great effort mate.

Tomo and the family had a great trip, including mackerel bashing on Monday... There is talk of fishing the match next year....

Also a massive thankyou to David, Narima, Mary and Graham, I don't think we would be made so welcome anywhere else, they put prizes in every year, support the whole event and they genuinely love the comp (its Mary's favourite weekend of the year). They are very close friends of mine and they extend that frienship to everyone who attends, from charging next to nothing to stay, fish etc, to providing keepnets, landing nets, scales, weigh net, closing 3 of the ponds for us to fish (that is their income), attending every part of the event... nothing is too much for them.... I won't go on about why we have chosen Force Cancer Charity again this year, but suffice to say it is very close to our hearts  Mary, Graham and the whole family really appreciate what Force has done for them and in turn appreciate us supporting that cause.

So... already looking forward to next year, cheers everyone!

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4
55 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Just sent my £200 as payment for my 2 weeks all inclusive stay at Kev's cottage. ???

(Including squatters rights)

Cheers, D.

??... nice one mate ..

I'll make sure there is beer in the fridge!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Seems to be taking a while to update donations.....

£1753 showing now mate, yours is showing... I presume that is from Fenton?

Top man.

• Like 1

Just caught up on the comp thread as I've been off the general section for a good while.. 

A tidy sum raised yet again from lads just having a bit of fun around a pond all in a good cause :clapper:

Sorry I could not make it this year (that's two now) as we are up in the North East but hope to make the next one :thumbs:

ATVB

Steve 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, liP said:

Just caught up on the comp thread as I've been off the general section for a good while.. 

A tidy sum raised yet again from lads just having a bit of fun around a pond all in a good cause :clapper:

Sorry I could not make it this year (that's two now) as we are up in the North East but hope to make the next one :thumbs:

ATVB

Steve 

Don’t say it mate it’s a curse, had every intention of getting down for at least 24hrs this weekend then one kids central heating packed up, got that sorted said to the wife I,m about to shoot off then had a phone call to go scrape this up after one of my others had a crash, at least when there little you can take them with you ?

DB8520CA-6116-4FEF-A653-120E24F1AA6C.jpeg

• Like 2
On 26/08/2020 at 16:23, Greyman said:

Don’t say it mate it’s a curse, had every intention of getting down for at least 24hrs this weekend then one kids central heating packed up, got that sorted said to the wife I,m about to shoot off then had a phone call to go scrape this up after one of my others had a crash, at least when there little you can take them with you ?

DB8520CA-6116-4FEF-A653-120E24F1AA6C.jpeg

Shit that mate, hope your lad is ok.

• Like 1
On 26/08/2020 at 15:53, liP said:

ATVB

Steve 

Cheers mate, hopefully see you at the next one.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Bit disappointed to see young Ken not in full kit and sporting the casual look ! 
May have to put him on a charge ! 

Half cammo is all the rage this year ?

• Haha 1