6 hours ago, philpot said:

Fair point but I wouldn't spend that much when the Primos at less than half the price and self leveling which this one is not and so needs altering manually on uneven ground.

I take your word that is is rock solid well all I can say is that all the Primos users I know will tell you the same for that kit too.

Phil

Trigger sticks are good but I wanted the clamp system so I can lock the rifle in an scan with the thermal, you can get a clamp to fit primos but up and down has to be done with the trigger or get a ball head, but still a good bit of kit an like you say ,a lot cheaper 

• Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got 2 bipods and can't get away them in the field, I much prefer my primos trigger sticks (tripod). Only use the bipods for zeroing. 

Reading your posts about this, I don't see you have the need for one if you want to shoot off of bales.  They're good if you shoot from a vehicle cab or bonnet. But who is going to lay down on the gro

You should bro. I will use my cheapo airgun, my better airgun or my or. Forget paper, shoot shot shell hulls, leaves, tiny pebbles, spinners, anything but paper! I did exactly the same with

Posted Images

I use seeland quad sticks. I used the homemade green cane ones for years but tried a mates seeland and was an immediate convert. The green ones are steady as anything but to traverse you have to move the whole thing, the fact you can traverse on top of the seelands was a game changer for me 

15 minutes ago, Tyla said:

I use seeland quad sticks. I used the homemade green cane ones for years but tried a mates seeland and was an immediate convert. The green ones are steady as anything but to traverse you have to move the whole thing, the fact you can traverse on top of the seelands was a game changer for me 

I’ve seen the seeland quad sticks advertised by Best fox call and the guy still has to lift up a leg to traverse ?

53 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve seen the seeland quad sticks advertised by Best fox call and the guy still has to lift up a leg to traverse ?

You do if its a long traverse but there is a saddle rather than a fork at the front which means you can traverse to a point without moving the feet. It makes a huge difference 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Tyla said:

You do if its a long traverse but there is a saddle rather than a fork at the front which means you can traverse to a point without moving the feet. It makes a huge difference 

I’ve got these an a fox at 100y takes any more than one step an the sticks need moving,I find there’s very little movement in them but you soon get the hang of them , I use them if I have to get out the truck for a shot behind or any I can’t get on from window rest 

23 minutes ago, nick703 said:

I’ve got these an a fox at 100y takes any more than one step an the sticks need moving,I find there’s very little movement in them but you soon get the hang of them , I use them if I have to get out the truck for a shot behind or any I can’t get on from window rest 

I'm surprised by that. I stalk.on foot the majority of the time and have shot a lot of deer off them. I find that bit of extra movement invaluable

14 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

I'm surprised too, at 100yds I just shoot off hand! ?

I think you have a skill that rapidly becoming extinct. I used to shoot off hand all the time but now can't remember the last time I did. It makes me want to have am offhand plinking session and see how I do 

12 minutes ago, Tyla said:

I think you have a skill that rapidly becoming extinct. I used to shoot off hand all the time but now can't remember the last time I did. It makes me want to have am offhand plinking session and see how I do 

You should bro. I will use my cheapo airgun, my better airgun or my or.

Forget paper, shoot shot shell hulls, leaves, tiny pebbles, spinners, anything but paper!

I did exactly the same with center fires too.

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 2
On 07/01/2020 at 09:45, Born Hunter said:

Harris is worth the expense, knock offs are shite. Only time I use a bipod is when zeroing. Otherwise I shoot off sticks or prone off the rucksack.

Wing mirrors are handy too! :laugh:

I've got Harris wouldnt be without ,  shoot most of my foxes off bipod as always set up with caller where I can use this option,  not a fan of shooting off sticks...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I've got Harris wouldnt be without ,  shoot most of my foxes off bipod as always set up with caller where I can use this option,  not a fan of shooting off sticks...

I’d go along with that , sticks are a necessary evil . I was at the gun shop the other day and was talking to an old keeper who has retired now but has loads of permission and shoots a lot of deer and wild boar and makes a living at it . I’m not joking this guy is a legend In  Gloucestershire and I’m going to mention his name because someone will know him .....Bill Taylor ! He has probably shot more things with a heart  beat than anyone on this site  . What does he use ? A couple of bags filled with rice . He showed me them . His Mrs knocked them up out of some corduroy trousers. The front bag is quite large and fairly solid and the smaller bag gets tucked under his armpit and squeezed to increase or decrease elevation. He has a platform welded and attached to the back of his pickup, from which he shoots . I prefer the Harris bi pod but am thinking of trying bags . Might try and find them old corduroy trousers ?

• Like 1