• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got 2 bipods and can't get away them in the field, I much prefer my primos trigger sticks (tripod). Only use the bipods for zeroing. 

Reading your posts about this, I don't see you have the need for one if you want to shoot off of bales.  They're good if you shoot from a vehicle cab or bonnet. But who is going to lay down on the gro

You should bro. I will use my cheapo airgun, my better airgun or my or. Forget paper, shoot shot shell hulls, leaves, tiny pebbles, spinners, anything but paper! I did exactly the same with

Posted Images

There's loads more expensive ones and loads of cheaper crappy ones, but Harris fit the bill for me. I prefer 9-13 for normal prone. 6-9 are mainly for bench use and those huge ones i assume for kneeling or sitting shots. Make sure you get a swivel one if you get one.

how much are you going to use it ben?!

ive got one and only use I to zero, its a Harris ripoff, bout £45.. not keen on getting on the deck, especially this time of the year and I wouldn't dare let rip with a c/f laid prone on most of my land,

most of its flat and fields are all hedges over this way so im sold on me quadsticks or if its ok ill just use me backpack!

had a Harris but let it go on a deal and im not spending £120 on another.. as for javelins at £300+ wtf:shok:

11 minutes ago, si brown said:

how much are you going to use it ben?!

I really don't know tbh mate. I only have hmr currently. Planning on getting atop a stack of round bales in one field & thought bipod be useful. Rest of time.....I'm not sure... 

2 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

I really don't know tbh mate. I only have hmr currently. Planning on getting atop a stack of round bales in one field & thought bipod be useful. Rest of time.....I'm not sure... 

they are handy ben in the right situations but when your trekking about on a night there a pain if your on the sticks and dig in ya back when your using a sling!

Harris take some beating for quality. Being a tight arse I saw one on eBay for about £15 when I got it I found that it didn’t tilt so it’s impossible to cant the rifle if you are not level , making it useless, I ended up getting another Harris . Lesson..... buy cheap , you buy twice .

Never had one. I borrowed one once. Tried it and removed it. Drove me mad.

I'm the same with any kind of stick arrangement. 

I shoot off hand or use natural stuff.

My recommendation is a regular offhand plinking session with what ever you can.

Descent waterproof back pack one which is pretty much from top your belt to just blow neck line . Ideal to lean on also fit a flask ,sandwich’s and small first aid kit , and if you get a decent one around £30 there nex5 to no weight 

could also hold couple large bin bags a hatchet duct tape and a fold up shovel in case you accident mistake some one riding a bike with the silly ears on for a fallow ?

2 hours ago, si brown said:

dont really use my primos sticks as much now cos im way steadier with sticks but they both have a place, and both are cheaper than a good Harris 

504E57CF-6D4E-40DE-A590-639832056719_1_201_a.jpeg.4ef114ab66f7b38db5862e2ec243b935.jpeg

Out of interest Si, which companies sows are they? Guessing theirs one boar in each of those sections.... I used to manage a big outdoor unit like that.

11 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Out of interest Si, which companies sows are they? Guessing theirs one boar in each of those sections.... I used to manage a big outdoor unit like that.

The farmer who’s land it is is a private normal farmer and he use to rent the rest out to dents, think that’s what they were called but they went bust so I’m not to sure now.. got a few pig farms for rats n foxes, the one in the phots 800ache it’s massive! 

I have the Primos trigger stick tripod as in Si's photo which are superb and a 6-9'' Deben bipod which has a tilt / swivel head, same as a Harris but half the price. It is well made and been in use for about 6 years with no issues.

Phil

8 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Reading your posts about this, I don't see you have the need for one if you want to shoot off of bales.  They're good if you shoot from a vehicle cab or bonnet. But who is going to lay down on the ground in its current soggy condition or when there is a load of scouring sheep crap ?   Also if you are on the ground in a lot of cases the ground contour or longer grass makes you so low that you can't see the target.  I did know a bloke who used a set of really long legged ones from a sitting position and rigged up a car floor mat on the back of his jacket.  He fixed a couple of hooks on his jacket so he just hooked the mat on.  In this instance he could sit and it didn't matter if he sat on sit.  The only thing was that when the sheep were scouring ha did get some slide off down the back of his leg and into his boots.  He got over this by tucking a plastic rubble sack into his belt which hung down behind him.  still he was a shepherd and usually stunk of sheep.  I do have a bipod but when I'm walking I used a battery backpack and a long set of sticks that I made from a scrap road sign and a piece of sheet that the fore hand sits in.  In this way I am up higher,  quite stable and I can walk and move or turn straight away without having to get up

Edited by Meece
  • Like 2