Family holidays in wales

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This whole thread I have been waiting for someone to ask but f**k it, I’ll ask...... Why are you taking them to Wales, don’t you like them or something ? Lol 

Ain't that the truth, never met a more ignorant race of people , think I'd rather be kidnapped by Somali pirates than spend time with the Welsh 

Get down towards worms head, 3 cliffs Bay, or one of my favourites aberporth, f**k Tenby, proper shit hole... 

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, WILF said:

This whole thread I have been waiting for someone to ask but f**k it, I’ll ask......

Why are you taking them to Wales, don’t you like them or something ? Lol 

How dare you.  ? There's nothing wrong with going on holiday to Wales. Glorious place it is.   There's a lot going  for it. there's green grass and lots and lots of sheep. Years ago I knew a bloke who went on holiday Every year to a Pontins holiday camp that was only about 10 miles away from his house. His reckoning was that it was close to his home so it didn't cost much to get there and mid week he could slip back home and water his plants and check the mail. Nothing wrong with that reasoning. AND IF you go to places like Cornwall in Wales there could be implications with inoculations and stuff like that. There is the added complication of getting to near the edge and falling off.  ????.  I'm sure that  there is a range of good quality wellies and wet weather gear available in all sizes should it rain but due to global warming it is going to be a very hot sunny summer in glorious Wales. I've just  been informed by the Mrs that I'm going there to some zip line thingy because she wants a go on it.  Don't know where  but if it's anywhere near the Mid Wales Shooting Ground I'll pack the Browning and a few slabs. Oh and a can of grease so the gun doesn't go rusty. 

22 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

If it aint hot,got a swimming pool and cant bbq out doors,drink cheap beer ,eat cheap seafood then i aint going.??

???? Don't talk so silly.  You know full well that if your Mrs ;   like mine says that she want to go to Wales to have a go on some zip line thingy, then that's where you are off to....... " If it aint hot,got a swimming pool and cant bbq out doors,drink cheap beer ,eat cheap seafood then i aint going ".......   you forgot the women stripped down to not a lot on the beach. But even they have to be rubbed down with an oily rag.  Perhaps it's to stop them going rusty also ?  ????

Edited by Meece
19 minutes ago, Meece said:

???? Don't talk so silly.  You know full well that if your Mrs ;   like mine says that she want to go to Wales to have a go on some zip line thingy, then that's where you are off to....... " If it aint hot,got a swimming pool and cant bbq out doors,drink cheap beer ,eat cheap seafood then i aint going ".......   you forgot the women stripped down to not a lot on the beach. But even they have to be rubbed down with an oily rag.  Perhaps it's to stop them going rusty also ?  ????

after the zip line take your mrs back up the hill and throw her over the side on a pushbike, the tracks in Blaenau look bloody terrifying, then the next year there won`t be any arguments over going somewhere better (but if you ant to see the real lunatics on pushbikes get over to Dinas when the redbull mob are there, watching them jumping over the road IS scary

2 minutes ago, neil82 said:

after the zip line take your mrs back up the hill and throw her over the side on a pushbike, the tracks in Blaenau look bloody terrifying, then the next year there won`t be any arguments over going somewhere better (but if you ant to see the real lunatics on pushbikes get over to Dinas when the redbull mob are there, watching them jumping over the road IS scary

I dont know where this zip line thingy is. Somewhere in north Wales I  believe. She's a bit of a dare devil and loves roller coasters ect. There was a thing like a tower with 4 park benches  on it.  The benches were hoisted up to the top, about 50 ft and you just dropped like a stone. She said that  she went to scream and nothing came out !!!  Total nutter. I'm not doing any of that nonsense. That's not our holiday though.  It would just be a long weekend thing. I'll stand back and watch.  Those push bikers are nutters also. I remember when we were going along the strata Florida that this bloke rode his bike Into a deep stream. He was pedalling like buggery and was waist deep when he hit a rock under water and went straight over the handlebars.  He surfaced. Found the bike, chucked it on his shoulder, waded out and then remounted and peddled off again. He was soaked though, it was cold and raining and that was in July. That's not my idea of fun.

14 minutes ago, Meece said:

I dont know where this zip line thingy is. Somewhere in north Wales I  believe. She's a bit of a dare devil and loves roller coasters ect. There was a thing like a tower with 4 park benches  on it.  The benches were hoisted up to the top, about 50 ft and you just dropped like a stone. She said that  she went to scream and nothing came out !!!  Total nutter. I'm not doing any of that nonsense. That's not our holiday though.  It would just be a long weekend thing. I'll stand back and watch.  Those push bikers are nutters also. I remember when we were going along the strata Florida that this bloke rode his bike Into a deep stream. He was pedalling like buggery and was waist deep when he hit a rock under water and went straight over the handlebars.  He surfaced. Found the bike, chucked it on his shoulder, waded out and then remounted and peddled off again. He was soaked though, it was cold and raining and that was in July. That's not my idea of fun.

Strata florida...... ? Photo0361.jpg.eb65f7a2555e61384b640183bece2d8d.jpg

10 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Strata florida...... ? Photo0361.jpg.eb65f7a2555e61384b640183bece2d8d.jpg

from memory That does look very similar. I was in a range rover and the bow wave was half way up the windscreen .  There was one place where one of the rear coil springs got dislodged and we all had to lift the body to relocate it.  A bit futher along there was a deep drop like a trench that the front and back dragged on when going down and up looking at the sky..

3 hours ago, Meece said:

from memory That does look very similar. I was in a range rover and the bow wave was half way up the windscreen .  There was one place where one of the rear coil springs got dislodged and we all had to lift the body to relocate it.  A bit futher along there was a deep drop like a trench that the front and back dragged on when going down and up looking at the sky..

Fairway up the unimog too?

Not sure about for a holiday but i like Mid to North Wales ive stayed around a few places there for the odd few days Llandudno i llike,Montgomery is a lovely little place i like to just hang about,Llangollen infact anywhere that has that Ll thing starting its name seems to be nice ?  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Not sure about for a holiday but i like Mid to North Wales ive stayed around a few places there for the odd few days Llandudno i llike,Montgomery is a lovely little place i like to just hang about,Llangollen infact anywhere that has that Ll thing starting its name seems to be nice ?  

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch?