Family holidays in wales

Any suggestions for family resorts or holiday spots in wales.

I am looking for a nice place to have a family holiday in Wales for me self the misses and 3 kids. With the kids only being 3,5,7 I am after a place with a nice sandy beach and good family entertainment as anybody got any suggestions for the summer holidays.

its ain’t got to be dog friendly either as I put me mutts in the kennels when I go away. I prefer to do that rather than leaving them at home unattended and having a family member pop round and feed water and walk them.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This whole thread I have been waiting for someone to ask but f**k it, I’ll ask...... Why are you taking them to Wales, don’t you like them or something ? Lol 

Ain't that the truth, never met a more ignorant race of people , think I'd rather be kidnapped by Somali pirates than spend time with the Welsh 

Get down towards worms head, 3 cliffs Bay, or one of my favourites aberporth, f**k Tenby, proper shit hole... 

Posted Images

Loads of sandy beaches and holiday parks pretty much from Saundersfoot/Tenby to St Davids.

South Pembrokeshire - Tenby etc probably has more places for the kids with parks, zoo's etc.

Further west towards Newgale and St David's is more remote but not a long drive to any attractions and still good beaches.

The whole area will be rammed in the summer lol

Theres Bluestone as well which is a bit like Centre Parks I think

Edited by MH1
  • Like 1

Why this country ?  Wales is lovely but it's likely to be thrashing downwith horizontal rain whatever month. We stopped holidaying  in the uk year's ago because of the rubbish weather and generally it was a lot cheaper to fly abroad and holiday. Crazy though that may seem.  If I were holidaying  in Wales I, for selfish reasons would like to be somewhere near the Mid Wales Shooting Ground.   ?? .  The Boys and I went there as part of a stag weekend.  They wanted to go 4x4  off roading down the strata Florida.  Most of the time it rained hard.

Ps. I know that I  haven't answered the OP,s question at all but everyone wants something different out of their holiday. I want a relaxing time in the sun with lots of things to do and see that isn't what I could see or do at home. Still they say that there is no such thing as bad weather,  just bad clothing.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Meece said:

Why this country ?  Wales is lovely but it's likely to be thrashing downwith horizontal rain whatever month. We stopped holidaying  in the uk year's ago because of the rubbish weather and generally it was a lot cheaper to fly abroad and holiday. Crazy though that may seem.  If I were holidaying  in Wales I, for selfish reasons would like to be somewhere near the Mid Wales Shooting Ground.   ?? .  The Boys and I went there as part of a stag weekend.  They wanted to go 4x4  off roading down the strata Florida.  Most of the time it rained hard.

Ps. I know that I  haven't answered the OP,s question at all but everyone wants something different out of their holiday. I want a relaxing time in the sun with lots of things to do and see that isn't what I could see or do at home. Still they say that there is no such thing as bad weather,  just bad clothing.

Just wanting to stay reasonably close to home and keep things straight forward  with the kids being so young. It’s enough hassle loading the car up and f***ing off in this country.  I can’t be f****d to get passports inoculations and all that shit  f***ing about in airports etc etc.  There’s some bloody nice places in this country to be seen and visited.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, MH1 said:

Loads of sandy beaches and holiday parks pretty much from Saundersfoot/Tenby to St Davids.

South Pembrokeshire - Tenby etc probably has more places for the kids with parks, zoo's etc.

Further west towards Newgale and St David's is more remote but not a long drive to any attractions and still good beaches.

The whole area will be rammed in the summer lol

Theres Bluestone as well which is a bit like Centre Parks I think

Good info there,will add it don't get packed like Cornwall does,stay away from the Preselli mountains if you don't like midges biting you and ffs take a fishing rod with you as the coastline is something else for a bit of fishing of all sorts..

• Like 1

This whole thread I have been waiting for someone to ask but f**k it, I’ll ask......

Why are you taking them to Wales, don’t you like them or something ? Lol 

• Haha 9
15 minutes ago, WILF said:

This whole thread I have been waiting for someone to ask but f**k it, I’ll ask......

I just like the welsh countryside.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, WILF said:

Thank God you asked.....I was sat wondering myself!! Lol

• Haha 1

Can't get my head round this. Wales.?? What an arsewipe of a place. Imagine , in later years, when you have to explain to the kids that you actually took them there. Get your head round the fact that the Empire is bigger than that place  and get yourself over the border into a proper place. SCOTLAND. the Borders have a lot to fifer but, unfortunately, no sandy beaches. Everything else in spades. JMO. Jok.

• Like 1