Looking for the right Stud dog.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello All, Ive not been on here in a long long time. Some of you may remember me, most probably won’t. Anyway, cutting to the chase, I have decided that after this season I want to breed my

Sheep chaser knows where to look if he wants to find what hes after. Few nice pups about if ya dont want the aggro of a litter.      

Posted Images

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 18:38, SheepChaser said:

Hello All,

Ive not been on here in a long long time. Some of you may remember me, most probably won’t.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, I have decided that after this season I want to breed my bitch. And I’m hoping someone on here can point me in the direction of the right sire, most of my very small group of friends either keep bitches or not the sort of dog im looking to use. I have one option currently, which is a dog I go out with, but it’s always worth having a look about.

What I’m looking for is a coursing type dog, big, at least 26”, fast and with plenty of stamina and good bone. Nothing too light, but also must have the legs to carry him. And preferably the type with the kind of heart that will die trying kill what you put in front of it and will run through a wall to get to it. 

The bitch I want to put it over is 9/16 grey and 7/16 bull. She’s about 25/26” and pretty strongly built. She does well enough for me.

The ground I’m running is mostly big 100 acre plus arable fields, no fences, hedges etc. Hence the choice of sire, I want to add that bit more pace, bit more stamina, and I want pups at least get size or bigger and I don’t want to lose that bull x drive, if anything I want more hahaha but that’s just me.

I am extremely out of the loop and pretty much keep myself to myself, my dogs and the half dozen folk I met on here many many moons ago who I still go out with regular. Hence posting on here now.

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is having a good season.

B33DD29D-1529-414A-8644-0D8AF903B631.jpeg

is blacky 13s dog not worth a chat about on page 3?

3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Didn't jigsaw put a post up last week about pups out of two dogs just like that....

Also goat hunting  thread in general  talk about his gritty coursing type that he would have liked to find a good bitch for, although old and might not have any lead left in his pencil...

• Like 1
On 09/01/2020 at 18:36, SheepChaser said:

Some very interesting replies, thank you.

For obvious reasons I cannot be too explicit about things.

However I think Bosun has the right idea. If I were after a pup mainly for teeth, I’d just put my bitch back to a real good bull x. Same if I were back home running the ground I did then, on hunting in the way I used to mainly. She was bred for certain jobs and she excels at them.

I now live in a part of the country where the ground is totally different and I find myself with a ridiculous abundance of certain quarry species on my permission. My bitch does very well and pleases me, but I feel that the right coursing dog would compliment my bitch at this particular game. In theory, the cross should be ideal for me, for what I do and on the ground which I do it.

I've one here,

very good bull x put to a very capable saluki grey, not the average saluki grey, the strongest I've seen. He is 15 months now and maturing but apart from the rabbit game where he is a bit too big but still catches he is showing the right signs for a big all rounder. It's certainly a x I would have again as he is such a good dog to be around.

2 minutes ago, Northern Rock said:

I've one here,

very good bull x put to a very capable saluki grey, not the average saluki grey, the strongest I've seen. He is 15 months now and maturing but apart from the rabbit game where he is a bit too big but still catches he is showing the right signs for a big all rounder. It's certainly a x I would have again as he is such a good dog to be around.

Sounds good mate. What was the sire? PM if you'd like.

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

That sonic dog a jigsaws is a halfx I think mate. Half grey half saluki, looks like a bullx in flesh. Seriously big powerful dog, wish I’d had more time to see it run, tho if I was looking for a stud of that type I’d deffo be asking to see it in field a few times, not seen many like that tbh?

I didn’t know he was still going 

On 05/01/2020 at 18:38, SheepChaser said:

Hello All,

Ive not been on here in a long long time. Some of you may remember me, most probably won’t.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, I have decided that after this season I want to breed my bitch. And I’m hoping someone on here can point me in the direction of the right sire, most of my very small group of friends either keep bitches or not the sort of dog im looking to use. I have one option currently, which is a dog I go out with, but it’s always worth having a look about.

What I’m looking for is a coursing type dog, big, at least 26”, fast and with plenty of stamina and good bone. Nothing too light, but also must have the legs to carry him. And preferably the type with the kind of heart that will die trying kill what you put in front of it and will run through a wall to get to it. 

The bitch I want to put it over is 9/16 grey and 7/16 bull. She’s about 25/26” and pretty strongly built. She does well enough for me.

The ground I’m running is mostly big 100 acre plus arable fields, no fences, hedges etc. Hence the choice of sire, I want to add that bit more pace, bit more stamina, and I want pups at least get size or bigger and I don’t want to lose that bull x drive, if anything I want more hahaha but that’s just me.

I am extremely out of the loop and pretty much keep myself to myself, my dogs and the half dozen folk I met on here many many moons ago who I still go out with regular. Hence posting on here now.

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is having a good season.

B33DD29D-1529-414A-8644-0D8AF903B631.jpeg

Got a thick set saluki greyhound here doing all game can take you out or show you. Got 27” worked him 5 seasons he has never let me down. One of those dogs who will always have a special place in my heart. Dog has stamina and heart for days can get any amount of lads to vouch.Can use him free of charge will possibly want a pup if you show me what your bitch is made of. 07749341997 watsapp or iMessage me for more information if your interested. 

58E033CD-F1FE-46C5-98AA-3B65D10F478A.jpeg

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Fluffy bull xs are the future ?

I tell everyone mines a beddy whippet............ And they all buy it?

God knows how shes a beast ? 

Just now, Saltmoon said:

God knows how shes a beast ? 

Honestly, I bump into folk and the first thing they say is..... That's got wolfhound in it? I then enjoy telling them its a beddy/whippet..... Big because its f1???.... They f**k off then and leave me be?DSC_0149.JPG.636cba95d2e2a40f4cbede810c7acc60.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2