Looking for the right Stud dog.

51 minutes ago, joe ox said:

I would be wanting a collie x over her if she was mine, some of the best lurchers I have had the pleasure to own and run were bred that way. Half x bitch with her son collie bull greyhound

IMG_4322_zps73ae7940.JPG

Like that white dog joe ?

• Like 3

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello All, Ive not been on here in a long long time. Some of you may remember me, most probably won’t. Anyway, cutting to the chase, I have decided that after this season I want to breed my

Sheep chaser knows where to look if he wants to find what hes after. Few nice pups about if ya dont want the aggro of a litter.      

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

11 pages in and despite the awesome THL arguments ..... still not had a suggestion of the kind of hound I’m looking for lol.

I know exactly where your coming from bud.  I ve kept most types of bull crosses ie half cross , reverse 3/4 , reverse 5/8 etc over the last 20 odd years. The half crosses were like land rovers . Take a knock , and run till they dropped . But they lacked the gears and turning on long slips. The best all round dog I ve kept was out of a half cross bitch to a Lurcher dog containing a small amount of bull blood. Why not use a 3/4 gh 1/4 Bull 

• Like 1

Bloke I know runs a lurcher with a fair amount of foxhound in it the thing runs and runs can run it all night on the lamp little sleep and it will work all day again think it's something along the lines of foxhound greyhound bull maybe something else in the mix aswell not 100% but maybe it dosnt have to be either a greyhound or saluki I'd be tempted by a grew 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, white van man said:

Welcome back!!! Most threads seem to be the same! 

Well that’s what the forums for what in your ideal world we all think the same and get along lol you a labour voter by any chance lol

• Like 1

why not pm northern light and ask  about that red dog of his its beddy blood but it seems to get plenty of graft good coat and feet decent hight  and see if he produces and what it does depends what you want theres bird buck or that gaffer that shaun of derby owns or ask andy about don or boots 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Boss-Hog said:

wow plenty dogs about aint ye got no pals with  good dogs use seen yerself that's the way

I keep myself to myself. Go out with about two people and usually on my own.

Most of my friends run bitches.

One has a rough coated dog I like, it’s a young dog, shaping up well. But worth seeing what else is out there. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, blackmaggie said:

why not pm northern light and ask  about that red dog of his its beddy blood but it seems to get plenty of graft good coat and feet decent hight  and see if he produces and what it does depends what you want theres bird buck or that gaffer that shaun of derby owns or ask andy about don or boots 

Lots of decent dogs there, but most probably wouldn’t suit the ground I run here, a couple probably would be a good shout.

• Like 1