Looking for the right Stud dog.

friend of mine has kept beddywhippets all his life in his 70s now. few years back he had a whippet x bull. said it was probably best dog he's had. used mainly for ferreting said it had great nose, everything the beddy crosses could do. 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello All, Ive not been on here in a long long time. Some of you may remember me, most probably won’t. Anyway, cutting to the chase, I have decided that after this season I want to breed my

Sheep chaser knows where to look if he wants to find what hes after. Few nice pups about if ya dont want the aggro of a litter.      

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Gonna get shot down here haha but fcuk it here goes...??

bull adds a lot more than game ness to a line or even a litter a lurchers, sure we all know the good ones are hard as coffin nails, but even the ones that don’t like teeth as much or even plain ole cowardly cnuts can still make real good dogs on edible quarry, to me a decent bull crossed into lurchers automatically adds drive, we know that. But also adds good nature, decent brain, willingness to please. Easy to keep an condition an more,   It fixes a lot of faults straight away an should never be shunned jist Cos it’s got bull blood??

Are you suggesting breeding out of cowards and culls?

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

I don’t think he was.

I think what he was saying is that even a bull x that doesn’t have the typical attributes of a bull x, still has a lot to bring to the table. 

Not for me if its a coward.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Gonna get shot down here haha but fcuk it here goes...??

bull adds a lot more than game ness to a line or even a litter a lurchers, sure we all know the good ones are hard as coffin nails, but even the ones that don’t like teeth as much or even plain ole cowardly cnuts can still make real good dogs on edible quarry, to me a decent bull crossed into lurchers automatically adds drive, we know that. But also adds good nature, decent brain, willingness to please. Easy to keep an condition an more,   It fixes a lot of faults straight away an should never be shunned jist Cos it’s got bull blood??

Very true 

32 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Not for me if its a coward.

I agree.

My bitch isn’t a coward. But if suddenly all other quarry evaporated and we only had rabbits to hunt, I’d still run the same bitch, she runs them very well, retrieves live to hand etc 

They ain’t just one trick pony’s. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

I agree.

My bitch isn’t a coward. But if suddenly all other quarry evaporated and we only had rabbits to hunt, I’d still run the same bitch, she runs them very well, retrieves live to hand etc 

They ain’t just one trick pony’s. 

I would be wanting a collie x over her if she was mine, some of the best lurchers I have had the pleasure to own and run were bred that way. Half x bitch with her son collie bull greyhound

IMG_4322_zps73ae7940.JPG

• Like 5

Agree that bull brings more to the party than just gameness. The pup I am training at the moment is the first dog I have owned with bull blood in it. I have bonded with her more than any other dog I have been around. Growing up I was around lurchers, collies, GSD and terriers. There’s just something with this dog that has clicked with me. All the other breeds in her mix I have owned lurchers with these breeds in before, except the bull blood. I think they are a lot more clever than people give credit. As mentioned, they are eager to please and are pretty easy to train. I needed a clever lurcher that will do a bit of everything. I didn’t want a machine so gameness wasn’t the main reason for wanting bull blood. She’s young but she has one of the best recalls in any other dog I have owned and hunts with her nose a lot. I’m not saying the bull blood is the only reason I find her easy to get on with and to train, but I reckon it’s got a lot to do with it. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Busher100 said:

A Saluki saturated dog gamer and stronger than the bull xs ?any pics I'm dying to see it mate ?

Pics ?? If you want a run anytime we have a go out me mate got a skinny bitch not even 20kg tackle any fox atb

2 hours ago, dogmandont said:

There’s never been a game Saluki born. And that’s a fact. 

Lol no a dog that will chase until it drops isn’t game is it lol 

But a dog that weighs four time what it’s got hold of is as game as they come lol

run hares for a few week and watch your game bull x get sick lol

ears back rail tucked that’s a fact lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Lol no a dog that will chase until it drops isn’t game is it lol 

But a dog that weighs four time what it’s got hold of is as game as they come lol

run hares for a few week and watch your game bull x get sick lol

ears back rail tucked that’s a fact lol 

Any decent dog with plenty of pray drive will run itself to a standstill, ain’t no big thing just coursing dogs will take longer, ffs some dogs will run themselves to a standstill chasing a ball. Lol. It definitely doesn’t make em game. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

Any decent dog with plenty of pray drive will run itself to a standstill, ain’t no big thing just coursing dogs will take longer, ffs some dogs will run themselves to a standstill chasing a ball. Lol. It definitely doesn’t make em game. 

Lol it’s the definition of game lol going and going until it can’t 

I don’t mean stopping coming back getting it’s breath running next I mean the dogs never same again sometimes don’t make it but no they not game