Looking for the right Stud dog.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello All, Ive not been on here in a long long time. Some of you may remember me, most probably won’t. Anyway, cutting to the chase, I have decided that after this season I want to breed my

Sheep chaser knows where to look if he wants to find what hes after. Few nice pups about if ya dont want the aggro of a litter.      

Posted Images

Not wanting to get too far into this ......

But ..... of course there will be saluki Xs out there that kill foxes, quite possibly ones that do it regular, and of course some that will do it better and more consistently than some bull x.

However to go and buy a coursing bred dog for the specific job of killing foxes regular would be a little daft, as would comparing them to a true foxing bull x for the job in question. 

Ive seen plenty dogs kill foxes, but a good terrier (bull or wheaten) x fox dog, does it with a straight forward simplicity which makes it pretty much humane dispatch. And importantly can do it over and again.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Gonna get shot down here haha but fcuk it here goes...??

bull adds a lot more than game ness to a line or even a litter a lurchers, sure we all know the good ones are hard as coffin nails, but even the ones that don’t like teeth as much or even plain ole cowardly cnuts can still make real good dogs on edible quarry, to me a decent bull crossed into lurchers automatically adds drive, we know that. But also adds good nature, decent brain, willingness to please. Easy to keep an condition an more,   It fixes a lot of faults straight away an should never be shunned jist Cos it’s got bull blood??

Why you got a kelpie cross then katch? Not a dig, just curious. Is it just that you no longer need a dog with bull blood, and will be happy mooching around with a herding type cross? ?

Edited by shaaark
7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Gonna get shot down here haha but fcuk it here goes...??

bull adds a lot more than game ness to a line or even a litter a lurchers, sure we all know the good ones are hard as coffin nails, but even the ones that don’t like teeth as much or even plain ole cowardly cnuts can still make real good dogs on edible quarry, to me a decent bull crossed into lurchers automatically adds drive, we know that. But also adds good nature, decent brain, willingness to please. Easy to keep an condition an more,   It fixes a lot of faults straight away an should never be shunned jist Cos it’s got bull blood??

I agree! 

My bitch is pretty much a half x. She has been the easiest to train and most well mannered dog I have owned. Retrieves rabbits live to hand, walks to heal, and various other bits. Great pub dog, good hunting dog, uses her nose etc and just an all round buddy for me. 

• Like 1