Looking for the right Stud dog.

12 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I not pretending, I just remember a tome when everybody was mates an happy with the situation pal, no more no less, what’s went on since then I have no ideas but like I said the guy used him an was happy with the offspring?

Yes offspring ur right but everything that was needed was from bull side apart from his wind, heard a few tales that the peddler who owned him was saying what scout produced to a bull x lol , maybe after more stud fees put the word about 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello All, Ive not been on here in a long long time. Some of you may remember me, most probably won’t. Anyway, cutting to the chase, I have decided that after this season I want to breed my

Sheep chaser knows where to look if he wants to find what hes after. Few nice pups about if ya dont want the aggro of a litter.      

Posted Images

Some very interesting replies, thank you.

For obvious reasons I cannot be too explicit about things.

However I think Bosun has the right idea. If I were after a pup mainly for teeth, I’d just put my bitch back to a real good bull x. Same if I were back home running the ground I did then, on hunting in the way I used to mainly. She was bred for certain jobs and she excels at them.

I now live in a part of the country where the ground is totally different and I find myself with a ridiculous abundance of certain quarry species on my permission. My bitch does very well and pleases me, but I feel that the right coursing dog would compliment my bitch at this particular game. In theory, the cross should be ideal for me, for what I do and on the ground which I do it.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Ron’s just anti coursing dog an a bitter mother fcuker by nature until the cider kicks in ?? scout was used where others werent, wether it was down to his tight breedin or his graft I don’t know but the guy used him?

there are allot of anty courslng dog statements spoken, but it seems to be where every one turns for lmprovements.

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Some very interesting replies, thank you.

For obvious reasons I cannot be too explicit about things.

However I think Bosun has the right idea. If I were after a pup mainly for teeth, I’d just put my bitch back to a real good bull x. Same if I were back home running the ground I did then, on hunting in the way I used to mainly. She was bred for certain jobs and she excels at them.

I now live in a part of the country where the ground is totally different and I find myself with a ridiculous abundance of certain quarry species on my permission. My bitch does very well and pleases me, but I feel that the right coursing dog would compliment my bitch at this particular game. In theory, the cross should be ideal for me, for what I do and on the ground which I do it.

What dog you got in mind sheepchaser ?

1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

I can only talk about foxes but why any man would even consider adding coursing dog blood into a line of fox dogs is beyond me. 
I’d happily share the petrol with big Ron and even light the fire. 

lol l know but folk do.and they make qulte versatlle dogs, however as you say don't see the need lf  foxes are your thlng.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, two crows said:

lol l know but folk do.and they make qulte versatlle dogs, however as you say don't see the need lf  foxes are your thlng.

If a bit of everything is what you’re into then I totally agree. ?. I’ve heard myself of lads adding saluki to fox dogs and imo they’ve lost their marbles lol or they are running some special kind of fox with a crazy kind of stamina. Lol. 

If the dogs to be a point aim dog your definitely not go wrong with a saluki greyhound bull greyhound I know a couple of guys running this cross at the minute there take any rabbits if it’s moving there catch em! They make good serviceable runners in the right hands one I get out with don’t think we blanked once with it so far this season always a entertaining dog to watch run as well