Looking for the right Stud dog.

1 hour ago, Butler said:

If it's edible game your after a good Saluki bases lurcher is as good as any and better than most.....

You not found they can push things on and wait for mistakes if given abit of stick ? Some coursing types im talking about.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello All, Ive not been on here in a long long time. Some of you may remember me, most probably won’t. Anyway, cutting to the chase, I have decided that after this season I want to breed my

Sheep chaser knows where to look if he wants to find what hes after. Few nice pups about if ya dont want the aggro of a litter.      

Posted Images

I know a coursing dog called Scout was used in a very good line of bulls and the results were very good. Scout punched well above his weight on bigger quarry and was used for that reason. 

I'm sure Scout is gone now but the line he's from would be well worth looking into IMO. It's a line i'd like something off.

Do a search on here and you'll find results.

Best of luck... ?

2 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

I know a coursing dog called Scout was used in a very good line of bulls and the results were very good. Scout punched well above his weight on bigger quarry and was used for that reason. 

I'm sure Scout is gone now but the line he's from would be well worth looking into IMO. It's a line i'd like something off.

Best of luck... ?

seagull thread.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, C.green said:

You not found they can push things on and wait for mistakes if given abit of stick ? Some coursing types im talking about.

the slower ones can as they strugle to get things under control, but pushers come ln all makes and models, a brown hare copes very well wlth a pusher but don't lilke belng watched from the slde and manlpulated  by a clever dog.

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Best of luck... ?

Pity the bloke who owned him is a bullshitting peddler, who studs out dogs that have done very little at £500 a pop  ,he never did much before the ban truth be told  and even less after ?

Scout was a cur like most coursing dogs and added wind  , the bull side added what was wanted and needed 

Edited by Big Ron
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Big Ron said:

Pity the bloke who owned him is a bullshitting peddler, who studs out dogs that have done very little at £500 a pop  ,he never did much before the ban truth be told  and even less after ?

Scout was a cur like most coursing dogs and added wind  , the bull side added what was wanted and needed 

Who owned him big Ron ?

Dont no the man or dog to comment ron I had some fun watching mine eat things that's all its brother was a better haredog owned buy Frank Callen he never even bigged it up i got mine fr fckall only dog I no that could scoff a hole  fox in one sitting ?

20 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Scout was tighter bred then some other coursing dogs tho wasn’t he? An tbh he did throw pups that were quite even, when another dog was used the litter was much more variable but still handy animals. 

The opposite to the last part 

Edited by Big Ron
1 hour ago, Big Ron said:

If it the same man asked me £600 £500 for stud £100 for charity ??

• Haha 1