Looking for the right Stud dog.

Hello All,

Ive not been on here in a long long time. Some of you may remember me, most probably won’t.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, I have decided that after this season I want to breed my bitch. And I’m hoping someone on here can point me in the direction of the right sire, most of my very small group of friends either keep bitches or not the sort of dog im looking to use. I have one option currently, which is a dog I go out with, but it’s always worth having a look about.

What I’m looking for is a coursing type dog, big, at least 26”, fast and with plenty of stamina and good bone. Nothing too light, but also must have the legs to carry him. And preferably the type with the kind of heart that will die trying kill what you put in front of it and will run through a wall to get to it. 

The bitch I want to put it over is 9/16 grey and 7/16 bull. She’s about 25/26” and pretty strongly built. She does well enough for me.

The ground I’m running is mostly big 100 acre plus arable fields, no fences, hedges etc. Hence the choice of sire, I want to add that bit more pace, bit more stamina, and I want pups at least get size or bigger and I don’t want to lose that bull x drive, if anything I want more hahaha but that’s just me.

I am extremely out of the loop and pretty much keep myself to myself, my dogs and the half dozen folk I met on here many many moons ago who I still go out with regular. Hence posting on here now.

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is having a good season.

B33DD29D-1529-414A-8644-0D8AF903B631.jpeg

• Like 18

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello All, Ive not been on here in a long long time. Some of you may remember me, most probably won’t. Anyway, cutting to the chase, I have decided that after this season I want to breed my

Sheep chaser knows where to look if he wants to find what hes after. Few nice pups about if ya dont want the aggro of a litter.      

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Might be worth asking igz about that wacking gret brindle dog 

Yep might be a good shout. Newkid has the sister to it if that’s the same litter. There were a few dogs from this litter but don’t know how they have done. Lot of coursing blood in there and some bull. The dogs from the litter will be 26 + I reckon

23 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Might be worth asking igz about that wacking gret brindle dog 

He’s welcome to message me mate if he’s interested and we could have a chat, also have someone else who’s interested in using him when the bitch breaks down but we shall see. Can’t say I know loads about the working dog game as I’m only into my fourth season now but my dogs are out 4-5 times a week grafting and he gives 110 percent on everything and has done since I’ve had him. Prey drive is second to none and works night after night. Rarely laid up in fact it was only 3 days before he was bouncing around ready for the off after ripping his whole nail off last month. I’ve seen him hit trees in the day chasing stuff and he just shrugs it off like it never happend. If I didn’t already have my two I’d have a pup off him in a heart beat and a lad who I go out with who’s been into dogs since he was a kid and knows a bit says I’ve got a guddon. He may be shit to some but not seen lots of dogs to compare him with so I couldn’t say. He commits and does plenty through the season so keeps me more than happy. Atb Igz

AA4005B3-C80A-412E-B9B2-CF8B77DF0C8E.jpeg

• Like 6
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Can’t I just say that although I see your points etc ......adding coursing blood won't improve the “bull cross” parts of your bull cross ....if that’s makes sense

I know exactly what you mean.

The thing is she doesn’t really lack anything in that department at all.

Also Good feet for a bull x, good wind, laid back as you could get, no messing about with anything she has to do in the field. Works with bushers, hunts herself. Runs the lamp well, retrieves and is generally well mannered and obedient.  

But the ground I run it would be good to add a few gears. I basically want a dog like her, maybe a touch taller, with a bit more speed. And try not to lose the bull x in her. 

• Like 1