A few squirrels

Tyla

My airgun barely ever gets the use it deserves but got a call to thin out the squirrels around the estate wedding venue. There were wedding viewings in progress and the gym at the other end of the building was busy so shotgun was out of the question so it was down to the neglected airgun. Did ok with it, ended up with 10 but only took a pic of the first 3. The thermal was invaluable for spotting too! 

20200104_103540.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Good going Tyla :thumbs:

Is that an FN19?

It's a FN16 (!) in .20, it was made for me a long time ago. It started as a .22 FN19 but the barrel and cylinder were cut down a bit.

I do have a FN19, again in .20, but it's leaking from the front end of the cylinder. If anyone knows where I could very a replacement seal I would be pleased to get it up and running again

• Like 1

A bit mate had guns at 14 now 51 so got a few years under my belt and proud to say never shot anything in the body ever that's so cruel I do a lot of rat shooting now with a hw100 and pard 007 night vison also got the weboly venom sidewinder 2.2 which is not used much anymore may sell yet not sure ? 

7 minutes ago, Rat ha tat tat said:

A bit mate had guns at 14 now 51 so got a few years under my belt and proud to say never shot anything in the body ever that's so cruel I do a lot of rat shooting now with a hw100 and pard 007 night vison also got the weboly venom sidewinder 2.2 which is not used much anymore may sell yet not sure ? 

Fair comment but, taking a heart and lung shot when needed doesn't make you a bad hunter - infact, I'd say knowing your preys anatomy makes you quite the opposite. 

Also, in my experience,  you'll drop a pigeon a lot quicker and with less flapping with a heart and lung shot.

• Like 1

I'm not saying that your not wrong but with woodies why damage the meat by shooting them in the body the flapping only nerves they are dead a bit of flapping makes no difference I've seen guys shooting all sorts up the backside which is so wrong that's why I shoot on my own and have done for years some of the pics on here are disgraceful with squirrels shoot in the lower side of the body that don't kill them they suffer so for me sorry head shot or no shot that's how I work ?

• Like 1