HOW MUCH ?

So as Hugo’s dad has been working his way through my cartridges for the last two seasons and has never put his hand in his pocket we came to the conclusion it was time to dig deep, now for some reason he thinks if it comes in a shiny box things die better, for the past few outings I’ve supplied him with 32g 5’s clear pigeon and they do the job nicely and at about 6 quid a box they are not the cheapest you can buy but not to bad, now he was looking at Hull high pheasant at 11 quid a box but eventually settled on black gold game, still at a hefty £87 for 250, they all go bang and if you hit them they will not be deader because the cartridge cost more 

1D4F6004-E806-4FB0-9C21-829A1331C0E0.jpeg

3F02FFE1-9D1B-41AB-A7CC-59E67A0AE1CE.jpeg

Luckily enough a chap not too far away from me has started manufacturing cartridges. He has gone into it in a big way and i have used them since i tried a few boxes pigeoning in the summer. They are very fast and consistant. I use 32grm 5s and they are better than any other cartridges i have tried. At seventy pound a slab they are good value.

• Like 2

Used to love Black Gold for Clays when they came sized as a clay round only. However, they always were expensive. For the field there's was nothing finer than Clear Pigeon. Hull now have some even faster cartridges but like you I question are they were the extra? I would still buy Clear Pigeon any day. One of the finest cartridges out there and designed to be both fast, very hard hitting and cheap.

32 minutes ago, si brown said:

I do like gamebore carts but there bloody expensive, use these if roost shooting or there decoying well.. £50 a slab from the country store, propped Yorkshire price?
E0FFD923-075A-4891-9276-B6F329593969.jpeg.a7ff1b8b74087346ec3126b061a2b515.jpeg

A chap at our local clay shoot has been using the Jocker which seem to do the job very well. I use Eley Superbs for clay shooting and Hull Cartridge Suoer Fast Pigeon 29gr and I think both cartridges are approx £56 per slab but I will find out if there is any change as I am going to pick some up today.

Phil

• Like 1