Choices

What’s your plan now say again now a few people have gave you some input? 

maybe it’s time to give the dogs age an how many seasons it’s done an what it does work wise get it at stud mush you might get a lucky score someone might come forward with a decent bitch that takes ya fancy 

• Like 2

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from work and she's had em

Posted Images

2 hours ago, poxon said:

What’s your plan now say again now a few people have gave you some input? 

maybe it’s time to give the dogs age an how many seasons it’s done an what it does work wise get it at stud mush you might get a lucky score someone might come forward with a decent bitch that takes ya fancy 

Going with the saluki X bitch I got in mind. Dogs coming 4. Lacks speed for most things on lamp on his own. Done well in cover etc on his own but ran doubled at night due to speed. Probably suit terrierman better. Not always silent at some work but stays till end. Bang on with kids. Alright with dogs unless they start being Muppets then he full on. Anyone want to use dog  to a decent bitch can for nowt. I'd be interested to see what he produces. This will be his 1st litter all being well

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2020 at 18:54, Say again said:

Got a 1st X wheaten greyhound dog. Decent enough, lacks bit of pace. Got choice of putting him over a track greyhound or a saluki type coursing dog. Which way would you go?

2 hours ago, Say again said:

He's gone over saluki this morning. Was having doubts with him being a short arse he was struggling getting there. Fingers crossed now. Greyhound should be in season in a couple of months

You'd probably be doing the right thing by keeping a pup or two from both litters. Greyhound would be my choice, as has already been said, saluki blood doesn't suit me, or alot of others. Greyhounds feet aint as bad as many would have you believe, and there's no guarantee the pups will definitely inherit the saluki stamina

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You'd probably be doing the right thing by keeping a pup or two from both litters. Greyhound would be my choice, as has already been said, saluki blood doesn't suit me, or alot of others. Greyhounds feet aint as bad as many would have you believe, and there's no guarantee the pups will definitely inherit the saluki stamina

I've got two good friends who I go out with wanting a pup off saluki litter so I'll see em all time. So I'm holding on for a pup or 2 out of greyhound litter myself

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Say again said:

I've got two good friends who I go out with wanting a pup off saluki litter so I'll see em all time. So I'm holding on for a pup or 2 out of greyhound litter myself

Obviously don't know you, but from what I could gather from your opening post, sounds to me that it's just a bit of height and pace that your dog is lacking, which that extra greyhound blood will give you. 

I'm far from an expert where salukis or heavily saluki blooded dogs are concerned, but they certainly seem as though they require certain definite traits from an owner

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Obviously don't know you, but from what I could gather from your opening post, sounds to me that it's just a bit of height and pace that your dog is lacking, which that extra greyhound blood will give you. 

I'm far from an expert where salukis or heavily saluki blooded dogs are concerned, but they certainly seem as though they require certain definite traits from an owner

I like the saluki X's. Got a saluki greyhound male here about 5 and really like him. Useful dog. Yes he has moments where he's a complete c@*t! If I didn't trust the 2 mates wanting pups I'd have no qualms keeping a couple of pups out of this litter and not bothering with greyhound litter. But as it is I'd be interested to see how the 2 differ. We don't specialize in a particular quarry but they'll get plenty of running on everything

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Say again said:

I like the saluki X's. Got a saluki greyhound male here about 5 and really like him. Useful dog. Yes he has moments where he's a complete c@*t! If I didn't trust the 2 mates wanting pups I'd have no qualms keeping a couple of pups out of this litter and not bothering with greyhound litter. But as it is I'd be interested to see how the 2 differ. We don't specialize in a particular quarry but they'll get plenty of running on everything

Sounds good mate ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TAXI DRIVER said:

A first cross terrier/greyhound is too slow as an all-rounder.Adding some desert dog to the mix makes a huge difference.That's what I've heard anyway ?

All you need desert dog for is stamina, so I've heard.

Anyway, I'd MUCH rather that 1st cross wheaten/greyhound be put over another greyhound if it was my decision, personally ??