Choices

2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

If it was me..... I'd steer away from adding more greyhound (feet, stamina issues maybe) even using a coursing greyhound..... I'd go down the saluki bull grey Rd..... ? 

Obviously sourcing the right type and not just any old dog?

What would be the right type they could throw anyhow it's a real puzzler for a young lad like me

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from work and she's had em

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Balaur said:

If I liked what I had and wanted more pace I'd be adding a racier version of what I had. I thought I might breed my bitch down the road a few years, initially thought I might like more pace but now think she'll do for me, with more pace comes other problems , and she's quick enough for me and has enough prey drive to catch a bit, but I suppose we're all looking for improvement. 

I agree. If it was a bitch I'd have a lot more options. Think easier to find a good dog to put over your bitch but not necessarily other way round. I like the dog but definitely lacks pace and height. Not measured him but I bet he's only about 21" -22"

11 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

I would think alot depends on what your chisen quarry is & type of ground you run. I’d always beeare of too much speed. Atb

I always say you can have the fastest dog in the world but If it ain't up to the job it's just a fast dog 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Balaur said:

If I liked what I had and wanted more pace I'd be adding a racier version of what I had. I thought I might breed my bitch down the road a few years, initially thought I might like more pace but now think she'll do for me, with more pace comes other problems , and she's quick enough for me and has enough prey drive to catch a bit, but I suppose we're all looking for improvement. 

That's a sensible post....

What's wrong with you mate??? Lol

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Penda said:

I always say you can have the fastest dog in the world but If it ain't up to the job it's just a fast dog 

Or the slowest dog that cant catch in the first place.. ??

Coursing dog - Line bred stuff.

There's gear out there that are run on all quarry and that's what i'd jump at. These dogs have so much more to offer than just the pure speed of a greyhound.

If you went that way i'd be interested in a pup.

4 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Coursing dog - Line bred stuff.

There's gear out there that are run on all quarry and that's what i'd jump at. These dogs have so much more to offer than just the pure speed of a greyhound.

If you went that way i'd be interested in a pup.

Agree...