Ratting and return invite .

3 hours ago, howdeeposxxt said:

I'll have ta go for one myself seeing all these bucks on the terrier section?? only thing is the drag back kills me give me a 10 foot dig anyday

I try shoot them near as possible to the motor, or on one permission I can drive within 50yds of almost all of the forestry as there is loads of tracks through it 

My shooting permission is a good Mile and a half in  up and down hill 2 where the deer are and it's sloppy land right up to the grazing area I could head else where but it's such a hotspot I hit it most times. I'd only shoot 2 a year for the fridge. Had/have good permission in Waterford that is similar to what your saying Fatman but since I moved from there I haven't really gone back. 

Edited by howdeeposxxt
11 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

My shooting permission is a good Mile and a half in  up and down hill 2 where the deer are and it's sloppy land right up to the grazing area I could head else where but it's such a hotspot I hit it most times. I'd only shoot 2 a year for the fridge. Had/have good permission in Waterford that is similar to what your saying Fatman but since I moved from there I haven't really gone back. 

Them alterrain wheel barrows are good

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Black neck said:

Them alterrain wheel barrows are good

I actually made a good one years ago using a couple of lengths of inch and half tube about 10 ft long attached to a motorbike wheel with a couple of inch flat straps between the handles, great job it was for bringing them out,even a good stag felt light on  it. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, howdeeposxxt said:

I actually shot down near Waterford on invitation a couple of times, I found the fallow very small in comparison to the fallow up around me, probably down to what there grazing on and also a lot darker in colour 

6 hours ago, fat man said:

I actually shot down near Waterford on invitation a couple of times, I found the fallow very small in comparison to the fallow up around me, probably down to what there grazing on and also a lot darker in colour 

They can be almost black in colour especially on the back then lightens of a bit as you go further down the ribs if fur your talking about. I won't lie shot a fare few down there and started f***ing selling them up in Salins some of the  farmers had me tormented to shoot em but I'll admit I was just as eager to take em, after a time the fun went out of it so I packed it in for a time. I've come back into it now and only shoot for the fridge and the stalk is more fun again. Size wise I can't say I noticed but then I haven't shot up to far up the country midland the furthess north I've been, maybe the does a shade smaller but I shot some nice big fallow buck down there. It could depend on area as you said and what they are eating for sure..

Edited by howdeeposxxt
6 hours ago, howdeeposxxt said:

They can be almost black in colour especially on the back then lightens of a bit as you go further down the ribs if fur your talking about. I won't lie shot a fare few down there and started f***ing selling them up in Salins some of the  farmers had me tormented to shoot em but I'll admit I was just as eager to take em, after a time the fun went out of it so I packed it in for a time. I've come back into it now and only shoot for the fridge and the stalk is more fun again. Size wise I can't say I noticed but then I haven't shot up to far up the country midland the furthess north I've been, maybe the does a shade smaller but I shot some nice big fallow buck down there. It could depend on area as you said and what they are eating for sure..

Midlands holds some of the largest red deer in the country, stags are massive and fallow not far behind them, I'm just going on what I've seen, but as said up here they have excellent grazing so compared to mountain deer they probably fair better. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, fat man said:

Midlands holds some of the largest red deer in the country, stags are massive and fallow not far behind them, I'm just going on what I've seen, but as said up here they have excellent grazing so compared to mountain deer they probably fair better. 

As I said Fatman I wouldn't know about up there not to far up anyway . Only fallow I've ever shot, largest bucks touching the 65 to 70 k range without been gutted and so on. That been said here in Kilkenny and Tipp area the mates shooting flatter land clam to get bigger from time to time if they do fair play to em if they don't it's no skin of my nose a handy pricket makes for better eating. Anyway I don't shoot all that much terrier game is my main sport what ever about the dick measuring in the terrier game the shooting game is a whole new ball game ?. Hope your seasons going well Fatman 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, howdeeposxxt said:

As I said Fatman I wouldn't know about up there not to far up anyway . Only fallow I've ever shot, largest bucks touching the 65 to 70 k range without been gutted and so on. That been said here in Kilkenny and Tipp area the mates shooting flatter land clam to get bigger from time to time if they do fair play to em if they don't it's no skin of my nose a handy pricket makes for better eating. Anyway I don't shoot all that much terrier game is my main sport what ever about the dick measuring in the terrier game the shooting game is a whole new ball game ?. Hope your seasons going well Fatman 

Season going well, dogs could actually do with a rest right now  the xmas period was busy enough. I have lads coming up this wknd so it's a lay off for our own. There seems to be plenty to go at about me which is good and nobody else digging which is even better. The season doesn't be long going round, we finish up about mid February so only a few weeks left then hopefully try a breed some pups as at this stage we really need young stuff coming up behind, at for the rest of your season. 

Good to here season going well. I wish we had the same pleasure down here in this area lads a racing to holes but the season has been fair enough to us outside the parish. We had a litter to try our self's this year a litter a 5 one is in cork in good hands and is doing well the rest will be tried over the next few weeks between myself and the boys that have been gifted em. Best a luck with your future pups alot to be said for a litter coming on behind older stuff. 

• Like 1

Good to here season going well. I wish we had the same pleasure down here in this area lads a racing to holes but the season has been fair enough to us outside the parish. We had a litter to try our self's this year a litter a 5 one is in cork in good hands and is doing well the rest will be tried over the next few weeks between myself and the boys that have been gifted em. Best a luck with your future pups alot to be said for a litter coming on behind older stuff. 

• Like 1